Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 275 gallon IBC / liquid storage pallet

Post Thanks / Like

Default 275 gallon IBC / liquid storage pallet

Is anyone familiar with these? Ive been looking for one cheap in my area but have yet to find any to look at. Do you think one of these would hold up long term as a fish tank??? Im wondering how durable the plastic tanks are.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I think they work good.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They are very durable, should last for a long time. Just be careful they are usually used for shipping chemicals. Some are quite toxic.

Post Thanks / Like

Robbor,if you are referring to the tanks that the farmers use when they buy chemical in bulk they work great.I have had one since the first of Nov. and have bought about 10 pounds of minnows and have lost only 10{ten} minnows total.I have approx 130 gallons of water in mine and use city water all the time.I use the Better Bait additive to take out all the hard chemicals of the city water and also the Foam Off additive when the amonia starts to build up.I rotate the water approx. ever week and a half.I would reccomend them,just clean them good.I used regular dishwashing liquid twice then cleaned it on the last time with ammonia.I also have a dual arreator pump with two big doughnut type stones at opposite corners of the tank and works great.Any questions pm me and I will try to help this has been trial and error for me,but it is working.

Post Thanks / Like

Default MInnows

I wish I could say the same about minnows. I have 3- 55 gallon drums with fish and bought 50 fatheads, all but 3 died over a month or so. Yet in that time not a single skeeter fish for bluegill in the same barrels died. We caught a bunch of gills about a week ago so now i have about 45-50 split up into the 3 barrels. I figured if could find a large tote Id bring home a bass about #10 for a while, watch your hands kiddies.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

My brother in law has some to raise fish in. With the steel around the tank sitting on a plastic pallet.. They work quite well and the fish live till they are taken inside for the winter.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my 275 gallon plastic tote for at least 3 years. I have a small pool pump on it. It works great. I've had two pounds on minnows in it at a time. I think it would hold more.

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine,I have had 10 lbs in it and only 150 gal water,if it's below70 deg. I may lose 2 or 3 minnows a day but above that You will loose alot.
    I cut the top out with a jig saw leave about 4 inch all the way around the top for support. DON'T Feed them It make LOT'S of POOOOO!,
    Rowdy

Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy