Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rattling Bobbers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rattling Bobbers

I bought a 3 pack of Wally Marshall rattling bobbers last nite. Has anyone used them? Do you like them or dislike them?

Post Thanks / Like

i have a few of them but dont think they work any better then any other bobber
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie are attracted to sound and vibrations.Plus the added weight in the float casts farther than the regular floats.I believe they make a difference.I've been making my own for about 20 years. I buy the plastilite floats in bags of 50,drill a small hole in the top of the fatter end and put some small shot inside,glue it and your ready to go. If you need to make a long cast to reach some structure these do the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Jungle jim thats a great idea.
    K Killer i was fishing one day and the fish were not biting until i put one of them suckers on. Some days they just want something differnt. We know they are there but we just have to make'em bite, now i use them pretty much religous'ly esp. in the cold wheather months when i can trigger the bite.(just my oppion) but i will not go without haveing them in my tackle chest.
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Boppers have a place and time. same with the rattling kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Default poppers

You might as well just remove the hooks from a hula popper and tie to the back end. I stand by the philosophy that the less noise i can make the larger the fish i should catch. My favorite bass lure is a buzzbait so a plopping noise sounds good to me but only for large predators.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like the ones that I bought. 2 out of 3 leaked. The other one was ok but I haven't really been able to tell much difference in rattlin vs. non rattlin.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.