Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Whizkid Flange Question?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Whizkid Flange Question?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure if you can that your trailer is not unique. I had bearing problems several years ago and found out my trailer has a replacable flange ( actually a second seal) on the outside ( toward the inner part of the trailer) from the inner seal. When my inner seal was replaced along with all other bearings and seals, that inner flange had attached it's self to innner seal and the mechanic thought it was just a different design on a seal. Several problems later ( that bearing would not hold grease) I called the trailer manufactuer and discovered the different design. That part was only available from them. Bearing buddies are fine just follow the instructions and do not put in too much grease. Very little is lost too wear and grease doesn't have anywhere to go except out a seal.
    Wayne;; I've got the same problem you were talking about, I Galled a Inner bearing tues, It messed up that flange. Took the hub off and is the flange your talking about, slid up on the spindle at the back side, where the inter seal seat's over it to seal it. Your Trailer would'nt happan to have been a ez loader?
    Any help would be good. Thank's
    Last edited by CrappieLips; 06-24-2005 at 03:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure if you can that your trailer is not unique. I had bearing problems several years ago and found out my trailer has a replacable flange ( actually a second seal) on the outside ( toward the inner part of the trailer) from the inner seal. When my inner seal was replaced along with all other bearings and seals, that inner flange had attached it's self to innner seal and the mechanic thought it was just a different design on a seal. Several problems later ( that bearing would not hold grease) I called the trailer manufactuer and discovered the different design. That part was only available from them. Bearing buddies are fine just follow the instructions and do not put in too much grease. Very little is lost too wear and grease doesn't have anywhere to go except out a seal.
    Wayne;; I've got the same problem you were talking about, I Galled a Inner bearing tues, It messed up that flange. Took the hub off and is the flange your talking about, slid up on the spindle at the back side, where the inter seal seat's over it to seal it. Your Trailer would'nt happan to have been a ez loader?
    Any help would be good. Thank's
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yes it is an Ezloader. Ez Loader Boat Trailers Midway Division 633 Hwy 126 North Midway Arkansas. 1-800-553-7855. Sleeve in Seal is what the invoice says. I believe I had to give them the trailer ser. # for the correct one. Good luck.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i got free s-s grease sleves from the man. in nortern in. from ez
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff