Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan 1.30.09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan 1.30.09

Thought I'd try Ebenezer Bridge area for a change. There was 1 boat trailer at the dock when I got there a little after 8. Did I say it was cold? Quickly caught 10 small ones on the same 2 minnows so I did not need to worry about being skunked today. When I finally lost those 2 tough minnows I went looking for some bigger crappie.

Found a spot that grudgingly gave up four 11 to 11.5 inch fish mixed in with 6 or 8 throw backs. Then the wind started to pick up and my luck went with it but I kept trying to deal with the wind. Finally called it a day.

There was 1 (different) trailer at the dock when I left. I was glad no one was there to see my boat loading technique/skill in the crosswind and waves. It only took 1 try; the others were just practice.:o Hope others had good luck fishing today. My hand warmer stayed hot all day, I caught a few fish, and I was able to be on not in the water. It was a good day
    imfishn
    15 ft Scout, 50 hp Suzuki
    "I must be alright because I'm still fishing"

Post Thanks / Like

congrats sounds like fun
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report, I finely got my van back from the shop yesterday, so I'm back in bussiness. I hear ya on the ramp fun, I have a pair of waders I use, sure makes getting that boat on easier sometimes.

how deep were you fishing? and were you drifting/trolling or anchored?

Post Thanks / Like

My brother, fdingso is supposed to be out there today. Hope he does well. I won't get back out till next week at best.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Default albi c

Albichaser
    I was drifting/ slow trolling at a depth of about 30 feet in water 30-45 feet. Minnows were the bait of the day, I only caught 1 on a jig although it was a keeper. Most of the bites were soft. I had several taps on the jigs but it was as if they were just nosing the jig out of the way. Maybe i should have changed jig colors.
    imfishn
    15 ft Scout, 50 hp Suzuki
    "I must be alright because I'm still fishing"