Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P-line

Post Thanks / Like

Default P-line

I have gotten a new jiggen rod! I loaded it with 8lb walley marshall. Was going to try it fishing with the techniqe the fellows at the grizzley jig show was saying. They used the line for sight like i do my spider riggen! Now not all said that. Capp's partner said he use's p-line i think 6 lb and i wanted to use p-line becuase i heard alot about it and that it was good to use for this type fishing and alot more. To me the p-line is green moss i believe,and is not visable like the wally! Any input would be Appreciated John!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

the only thing not to like is the price. paid almost 20.00 for my last spool and it was pretty small. got one reel done with 4lb and don't really have enough left for a second. have really appreaciated the feel associated with it, especially with the lite winter bite

Post Thanks / Like

John there are several kinds of p=line. We use the Flouraclear 6lb and it is tough. You aint gonna see it to good. They make flo. green pline,just look at their site P-Line .
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use Hi-Vis P-line and get it at Bass Pro. They don't have any in 6# in Memphis. I see the moss green your talking about up on the wall all the time but that's the wrong one. What you are looking for is usually on the very bottom shelf right off the floor. I luv me some Hi-Vis:D.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

We use 6# P-line in the Floroclear on all our spider-rig poles. Like DTG said, you ain't gonna see it too good ... but the fish won't either in clear water. It has been my experience that the hi-vis works just as good when the fish are biting....it's when they aren't biting that you notice the difference. It does take some getting used to as far as seeing what direction your line is moving when trolling but well worth the effort if you troll clear water lakes. Once you get used to it ... no big deal. We use the 4# in the summer with small slip-corks when we use live bait.
    From the ARK-LA-MISS Delta....... Crappie Paradise ! ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like

In cool weather I had a real problem with memory. It wanted to tangle and knot. I had it on spinning reels and baitcasters in different test. But I have a friend who won't use anything but P-Line.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another P-Line Advocate

Went from 6 lb. Berkley Trilene XT Solar........to 6 lb. Berkley Iron Silk Solar........to 6 lb. P-Line Fluorescent on my vertical-jig poles with satisfaction throughout. (Ended up with P-Line because the first two were discontinued). Good Stuff...
    Last edited by luvjign; 01-30-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

i like the p-line its just to high (small spool) and to hard to find in the hi-vis....myself i like to use the suffix elite in orange...thats just me tho
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

You only need to put about 50ft of line on your reels unless you are casting. I only put more on my longlining poles. You are prob. fishing no more than 20ft deep and if you are using 14ft poles like I am that gives you about 16ft of line left on your poles which is plenty. The rest is just wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it and it had way too much line memory. Ended up using it as a filler on my bigger reels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast