PDA

View Full Version : P-line

ReelfootYankee
01-30-2009, 07:05 PM
I have gotten a new jiggen rod! I loaded it with 8lb walley marshall. Was going to try it fishing with the techniqe the fellows at the grizzley jig show was saying. They used the line for sight like i do my spider riggen! Now not all said that. Capp's partner said he use's p-line i think 6 lb and i wanted to use p-line becuase i heard alot about it and that it was good to use for this type fishing and alot more. To me the p-line is green moss i believe,and is not visable like the wally! Any input would be Appreciated John!

go dart
01-30-2009, 07:21 PM
the only thing not to like is the price. paid almost 20.00 for my last spool and it was pretty small. got one reel done with 4lb and don't really have enough left for a second. have really appreaciated the feel associated with it, especially with the lite winter bite

DTG
01-30-2009, 07:21 PM
John there are several kinds of p=line. We use the Flouraclear 6lb and it is tough. You aint gonna see it to good. They make flo. green pline,just look at their site P-Line (http://www.P-line.com) .

yikess
01-30-2009, 07:22 PM
I use Hi-Vis P-line and get it at Bass Pro. They don't have any in 6# in Memphis. I see the moss green your talking about up on the wall all the time but that's the wrong one. What you are looking for is usually on the very bottom shelf right off the floor. I luv me some Hi-Vis:D.

luvpt
01-30-2009, 08:08 PM
We use 6# P-line in the Floroclear on all our spider-rig poles. Like DTG said, you ain't gonna see it too good ... but the fish won't either in clear water. It has been my experience that the hi-vis works just as good when the fish are biting....it's when they aren't biting that you notice the difference. It does take some getting used to as far as seeing what direction your line is moving when trolling but well worth the effort if you troll clear water lakes. Once you get used to it ... no big deal. We use the 4# in the summer with small slip-corks when we use live bait.

klight1122
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
In cool weather I had a real problem with memory. It wanted to tangle and knot. I had it on spinning reels and baitcasters in different test. But I have a friend who won't use anything but P-Line.

luvjign
01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Went from 6 lb. Berkley Trilene XT Solar........to 6 lb. Berkley Iron Silk Solar........to 6 lb. P-Line Fluorescent on my vertical-jig poles with satisfaction throughout. (Ended up with P-Line because the first two were discontinued). Good Stuff...

CrappieKillerJigs
01-30-2009, 10:09 PM
i like the p-line its just to high (small spool) and to hard to find in the hi-vis....myself i like to use the suffix elite in orange...thats just me tho

possumcop
01-30-2009, 10:58 PM
You only need to put about 50ft of line on your reels unless you are casting. I only put more on my longlining poles. You are prob. fishing no more than 20ft deep and if you are using 14ft poles like I am that gives you about 16ft of line left on your poles which is plenty. The rest is just wasted.

sea-sons
01-31-2009, 06:22 AM
I tried it and it had way too much line memory. Ended up using it as a filler on my bigger reels.

ReelfootYankee
01-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks alot everyone i sure apprc. all the info Guy's!!!

CrappieKillerJigs
01-31-2009, 11:35 AM
hey yankee ill show you how good that suffix elite is in march when i come down there and pull all of yalls slabs up out the lake and never as much as break off once:eek::p:eek:

gone_fishing
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
I bought some 2 and 10 lb pline. I like it a lot. I didn't know they had flourescent I bought fluorclear. The 10lb has a smaller dia than the 6lb wally marshall. Line lasts a lot longer. More expensive is the drawback but with about everything you get what you pay for.

ReelfootYankee
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
hey yankee ill show you how good that suffix elite is in march when i come down there and pull all of yalls slabs up out the lake and never as much as break off once:eek::p:eek:
Someones going to have to show me:D:D