Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: navionics chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default navionics chip

have any of ya'll got the new navionics hot map chip for your depth finders, am thinking of getting a new chip and was wondering if it was any good the new HD chip southern region thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

I have the premium 07, with the 1' contour lines. LOZ and lower truman are great, but anything up river on truman no goood. For instance they show the lake running out of water on the osage arm at the Hwy C bridge. Word is that they came during the winter months and the lake was froze over keeping them from doing a good survey of the upper ends. I have asked when they might come back to fix the problem no word yet.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

It is my understanding the 09 map is more updated, ie-google map,noaa,and a bunch of others, been on cabelas,bps,and navi. web sites, kind of hard to get good information there. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle don't know anything about the 09 map, but curious what unit you are going to put it in?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 06 navi preload on my Humminbird 787c2i and love it. It is not in the 1 foot breaklines but it does give the whole lake. I have ran from Bucksaw to slew branch with no problems. The pre load is great because it has every lake in the U S and Canada that navionics has mapped. It was about $200.00 to do thru Humminbird compared to $160.00 per chip.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 07 chip now. it's fine,do not want to do with out the unit to have the maps loaded into it. I have been reading up on the new chip (ssd)card and It looks like there are a few more lakes and more detail on the lakes I like to fish, was just wondering if anyone had the 09. guess I will just take the chance then ya'll can ask me what I think. so I will have a 07 or 08 not sure when the last survey was taken for sale or trade. pole bender HUMMINBIRD unit

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Beagle that is what I was wondering, I am looking at Humminbirds and wanted to know about the maps. I have always used Hot Spots in my Lawrence’s.

Post Thanks / Like

Pole Bender I have been using HUMMINBIRD for a couple years now and like them I have a 777 up front good detail, I have a 797 on the con. and it is great, still learning the 797 but am getting better, If you decide on a HUMMINGBIRD let me know you can borrow the old chip to see if you like it. drfish has a good depth finder on his old rig, cant remember what kind it is but It works real well I liked it I just like the color units over the black/white ones, later

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in the market for a chip for a Lowrance. New or used. Not sure what would be best for Truman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I am in the market for a chip for a Lowrance. New or used. Not sure what would be best for Truman.
    I use the hot spots in both mine and I like the 08 better than the 07, the 08 has more detail and I have not had a single problem on Truman. With that said I have only fished Truman 4 times (dam, Bucksaw, and Osage) out of my boat so there is a lot of water I have not covered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast