Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New fish finder

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New fish finder

Looking to replace my Garmin 400C with a Lowrance. Have been looking at the new HDS-5X. Anybody seen one in action yet? Also looking at the X510. Would like to step up to a 7" screen but do not want to spend the extra money to do it. Would like to stay around $500. Have been checking Ebay for used 7" color models with no luck. So will end up with a new 5" model I guess. Any input on these two new models or any leads on a used 7" would be helpful thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Would also like info on a lake map chip for my Lowrance 332C.

Post Thanks / Like

Jared did you try looking up Lowrance on youtube.com?

Post Thanks / Like

I have now. Did not even think about it. They have a few clips on the new hds on there. Saw one clip on setting up my 332C also.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered a 522ci for the front deck. Oh boy.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be right behind you with a 5 something for my front deck. Can't make up my dam mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas had the 522 for $499.99.  I think that they will phase them out in favor of the new one (HD5?). They were out of stock on the ones with trolling motor transducers, but they had transom mount transducers. I've put transom mount transducers on my trolling motor before without any problems. Turns out though, that my X125 on the bow has the same transducer as the 522, so I ought to be able to pull the 125 out and plug the 522 right in. Cool.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

buy the biggest Hummingbird sidefinder your pocket book will allow. You will never regret it. You will find things in the lake you never knew were there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonkm View Post
    buy the biggest Hummingbird sidefinder your pocket book will allow. You will never regret it. You will find things in the lake you never knew were there.
    I will agree with this...the SI that humminbird has out now is unreal...you want to find a brushpile you can find it quick with SI where it will take you 10x that ammount with regular 2D sonar....i was a hard lowrance guy for a lot of years and have had a bunch of their units such as X125,X135,X102c,X510c,LMS 332c,LMS520c,LCX18c,LCX26cHD,and a LCX28cHD
    I wouldnt take all of them back in one lot for a trade on my Humminbird 997SI

as for the one who asked about a mapchip...go with the Navionics Preimium south it will have all of the major bodies of water for missouri as well as many other states around us....when i was in Springfeild MO last week the outlet store had a bunch of the older model '08 Map chips on sale for some pretty good prices...might check there and get a bargin