Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Calling all Michigan Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Calling all Michigan Fisherman

I hate To see no one reply to those who post on the Michigan post. And the lack of posts on hereI grew up in Michigan and moved down to Virginia when I went in the military 7 years ago. I still think Michigan is the greatest place in the states to fish. There is such variety in that great state and I hope a those that are still fortunate to live there realize how lucky you are to be surounded by all those great waters. I got to tell you here in Virginia we talk and help each other. The lakes here can't hold a candle most days to the worst lake there. I am Heading up that way on the 29th of July for two weeks and was hoping to be reading reports and good news. If it's because no one is catching crappie, you can post something else (ie. gills, cats,etc..) Just post. I don't want anyone to hound me over this and I'm not starting anything. I just find the lack of intrest in the state hard to believe. It scares me to think that fisherman are a dieing breed in my home state.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Indiana and do all my Crappie fishing in Michigan. It was not to long ago that me and my two cousins fished Diamond Lake in Cassopolis and caught 133 Crappies in 1hour and 45 minutes. Michigan by far is a good fishing state.

Len

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    I live in Indiana and do all my Crappie fishing in Michigan. It was not to long ago that me and my two cousins fished Diamond Lake in Cassopolis and caught 133 Crappies in 1hour and 45 minutes. Michigan by far is a good fishing state.

Len

Amen. I guess you and I are two of the few.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

i too have family in michigan and believe it's a great state to fish..........mabey they're all too busy catching fish to bother with computers

josh from nc

Post Thanks / Like

I do some crappie fishing here in SW Michigan, but I have been totally occupied with taking care of my sick mother and have been out only once this summer - OUCH!!
    Hoping to get out more in August.
    No more summers like this one, please!
    Good luck to you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I enjoyed my stay in Michigan the past two weeks but am back in Va. Now. I didn't get any crappie But did get some nice cats out of the Grand River and some nice bass in the U.P.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

rockinmichigan Guest

Native Michigander here, and new to the site. I haven't had much luck catching crappie, and have had only a little success catching anything else in the morning, like right after sunup. Did some night fishing about a week and a half ago, right before the Low Front came with East winds, I caught a dink of a channel cat about the size of my index finger, 9 or 10 white bass, and two sheepheads, all in about four hours work shoreline fishing. Should've had at least a couple more white bass if I hadn't missed them with the hooksets.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rock, glad to see you on the forums! Drop in and visit with us on the LA board sometime. Welcome to crappie.com!