Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yadkin River 01-29-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yadkin River 01-29-09

The day did not start out too good. The camper top was froze shut with my rods inside, the trolling motor was froze together, the anchor lines was a frozen wad, it was foggy as crap and and I didn't catch a fish till after 10am. Now when everything thawed out and I figured the fish out it was on, even if they were small. All were caught on jigs, mostly 1/16 oz black/ pink tubes. Water was dirtier than yesterday but still not bad. The water above the steam plant has warmed to 40* compared to 37* the last 2 days water was still about 44* below the steam plant. I thought some crazy man in a pontoon was going to invade my space till poppop uncovered his face. Since it was him I invited him to fish beside me. My final count for the day was 53 crappie.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I have never been all the way up the river....figured today was a good day to get out and explore. Picking my way upriver, dodging logs and shallow water I finally made it to the steam plant. There tucked away in a corner, was Nat...bringing in a crappie. He invited me over, so I anchored off. I caught a few myself...nothing like Nat was catching though. Stayed awhile, enjoyed some good company...then started trolling. Nothing on the trolling end...so I went back down the river. Found a bald eagle's nest, could see one standing guard..and saw a second one with something in its mouth. Gorgeous birds. It was a 10.2 mile trip from Southmount ramp to the steam plant...pretty long haul. Thanks for the invite Nat.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip.
    Hunting and Fishing the Carolinas www.carolinasoutdoor.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey poppop, next time your up that way I hae 2 more places for you to troll.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat View Post
    The day did not start out too good. The camper top was froze shut with my rods inside, the trolling motor was froze together, the anchor lines was a frozen wad, it was foggy as crap and and I didn't catch a fish till after 10am. Now when everything thawed out and I figured the fish out it was on, even if they were small. All were caught on jigs, mostly 1/16 oz black/ pink tubes. Water was dirtier than yesterday but still not bad. The water above the steam plant has warmed to 40* compared to 37* the last 2 days water was still about 44* below the steam plant. I thought some crazy man in a pontoon was going to invade my space till poppop uncovered his face. Since it was him I invited him to fish beside me. My final count for the day was 53 crappie.
    At least you didn't have to dig a hole to fish!!!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good nat....might head back up river Sunday...with the wife...not sure yet. One day next week...if you are going maybe we can get back together upriver...I need to drop those items off to ya.....

Concord N,C home lake, High Rock, tuckertown
    Post Thanks / Like

nat, we need to go again, need to take a quick look at that secret map one more time so i can log it in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C-More Slabs View Post
    nat, we need to go again, need to take a quick look at that secret map one more time so i can log it in!
    Anytime.:D

Post Thanks / Like

c-more....that must have been what he was pouring over as I was leaving yesterday....saw him with a map out....so that was the secret map.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    c-more....that must have been what he was pouring over as I was leaving yesterday....saw him with a map out....so that was the secret map.
    marking another spot.:D

C-more tried to steal the secret map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast