Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who keeps axing my threads and why?

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who keeps axing my threads and why?

I take the time to put forth sincere content, and thought out replies that never attack anyone. Virtually every thread gets the ax at some point, with no explanation.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that thread was pretty tame -- not sure what happened.

Post Thanks / Like

It is my understanding that this forum is private property and the owner,and his appointed moderators will run it with the due diligance they see fit and no explanation is necessary, and you may not understand it and I sometimes forget that it is not a public forum and am subject to deletion but all in all it is wonderfull site and we must accept the rules or go somewhere else, I like it here so I hope I get to stay here. good luck on your post and l look forward to reading more of them eaven it is only for a short time.
    later beagle

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Backto ...

I really don't know who axed the thread ... but, it would have had to have been one of the Off Topic Mods. I can't say for sure, but my guess would be that someone's reply, or several replies, got a little too jiggy for the Mods ... and the whole thread was deleted. That would be my best guess.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default I thought it was a fishing forum??

I read a lot of your entry, and the answers to it, and while I would not have done this but I have time on my hands with ice on, other wise I would not have read it...... I enjoy this fishing forum very much and thought that was what it is intended for? Not politics and war....hell I can talk about that when I ain't fishing........ but I didn't ax u....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how this could be done, but a person should know what was said or done to get the whole thread deleted...Maybe it could be done with PMs....I don't think I said anything that would have caused this but if I am not told then it will probably happen again....

Just another opinion...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    I read a lot of your entry, and the answers to it, and while I would not have done this but I have time on my hands with ice on, other wise I would not have read it...... I enjoy this fishing forum very much and thought that was what it is intended for? Not politics and war....hell I can talk about that when I ain't fishing........ but I didn't ax u....
    The following explains the "Off Topic Board"

Off Topic Forum
    You can talk about anything here. No personnal attacks and nothing that you would not want your child to read.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hey maybe someone pmed the mods and asked them to do it. I know some folks who liked to do that from time to time.....JohnH had an admirer once who liked to drop pms.....:rolleyes:

I for one was enjoying the banter. If it was me who got it axed I apologize but I dont think I said anything out of the way. I'm pretty sure King would have let that one go so that might give you a clue. Anyone see any ugliness pop up at the end?
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E" View Post
    Hey maybe someone pmed the mods and asked them to do it. I know some folks who liked to do that from time to time.....JohnH had an admirer once who liked to drop pms.....:rolleyes:

I for one was enjoying the banter. If it was me who got it axed I apologize but I dont think I said anything out of the way. I'm pretty sure King would have let that one go so that might give you a clue. Anyone see any ugliness pop up at the end?
    Big E, I think you hit the nail on the head. And like you I enjoy the banter too! It's been tremendous fun going back and forth with you and guys like EB. Does it mean I close my mind to you and never offer a seat on my tub, heck no! But seriously it never crossed my mind some ahem (chokes) person might be dropping dimes on me, and maybe others. Sad, just sad. Like my reply today I put a good amount of though and time into that, and in minutes its gone. I hope I get an explanation on this.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, this is Crappie.com. I guarantee you that if you talk about crappie fishin you will never be deleted. If you decide to type politics or religion you are on dangerous ground because many people are ultra protective of their values and beliefs. I don't know what your thread was about but I bet it was politics or religion. These two topics are doomed from the start. They should be; the differing opinions are too inflamatory. This is the off topic forum; write about boats, boat ramps, trash cans, trash, parking, trailers, trailer accessories, hearing aids, gator repellant, women's perfume, auto parts stores, walmart, restaurants, bugs, glasses, anything but politics or religion and your thread will persist. If you wish to discuss politics or religion on the internet you may want to find a like-minded website other than crappie.com. I'm hoping someone will invite me to be a moderator. Just kidding. Love you all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast