Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mosquito

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mosquito

Fished for 4 hours yesterday morning and had a good day. Was fishing in the south end of the lake in 8 foot of water. Marked alot of fish 3 foot down. Crappies galor! Took home 20 BIG slabs plus 3 bonus walleyes. Had alot of runners, not many pulled the bobber down. All fish were caught on small minnows. The fish were hovering over the new grass that is starting to grow in the shallows.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sparky, i fished squito sat and sunday and it was tough for me and my buddy. We got 6 crappie sat. and nothing sunday. Were you on the east or west shore? I could sure use a little help. Smitty

Post Thanks / Like

Fished on the West side Smitty. Fish were suspended in 7-9 foot of water over the grass beds. Took home 9 today no numbers but nice size slabs, the kind that 1/2 of a fish would cover a slice of bread. Walleyes weren't hitting today but did get 2 smallmouth trolling.
    Likes downsouth LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sparky. I'm coming over in the morning. Gonna start up north and fish my way down the lake. Wouldn't mind getting that first walleye of the year out of the way. A few slabs will be alright too tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished squito today and did pretty good. Got 4 citation crappies and one was over 14". All in all i got 22 keepers and threw back 1/2 a dozen small ones and a few cats. Wind picked up but the fish were still hitting. Still no walleyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody been doing any good over there lately? With all these fronts blowing thru, i wonder if the fish are still active.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Anybody been doing any good over there lately? With all these fronts blowing thru, i wonder if the fish are still active.
    Chasunc, you'll have to hit Shenango again. Was there Saturday trolling for walleyes and couldn't keep the crappies off those hot n tots. All the fish were down hugging the bottom in 14 feet of water. Sure wish the lake would clear up some, still is that dark tainted color.

Post Thanks / Like

Was there today too. Sat on a brushpile 100 yds from the launch by the causeway and had a field day hammerin the gills. Got a few that went close to 10" but lots of 8"ers. Kept 21 gills and some small crappies to go with them. Got 1 12 1/2" and the rest were 8-9"ers. Gonna have a fish fry this week. Happy fathers day to all you dads that read this. Smitty

Post Thanks / Like

Went over to the northend. Heard that the crappie were biting off the causeway so i fished the brushpiles near the causeway, from my boat. Ended the day with 20 keeper crappies, 7 gills, and 1 walleye (19"). Water was 9' deep. Fish were only 6' down. I tried minnows first, then jigs and nibbles. They wouldn't touch the minnows. Even got the eye on a jig and nibble. Best color was blk/grey hair and then chartreuse shad. Go get em. Smitty