Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scents?

Post Thanks / Like

Default scents?

i never really tryed using any scents to crappie fish but i have see tons of them on the market...was walking around cabelas the other day and came across the scents...got to reading the bottles and found one called kick'n crappie so i got it but right now im waiting on ice out...i was wanting to know does anyone use scents do you think they help? i know there is alot of companys that make them....yum,smelly jelly and so on but where i fish i dont think i have ever seen anyone use scent for crappie
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i use the berkley crappie nibbles there loaded with scent

Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah... them scents won't hurt to try... chenille on those jig bodies will do good to hold that scent for a while...

Post Thanks / Like

I use the smelly jelly and berkley crappie nibbles. A friend went to a seminar in Tulsa where a pro said the smelly jelly would increase your catch. It has seemed to help. I also found a product that Walmart sells that look like meelworms or maggots but are made of fish attractants that come in a couple of different colors, I like the white. The package of 100pcs that comes in a bag about the same size split shot would come in says they were produced by a university in the Carolina's if I remember right. The scent or majic ingredient listed on the package says sugar. I tried them just hooking one end on the jigs hook and it hangs back towards the tail of my plastics with the crappie nibbles on the barb and smelly jelly also and they seem to work well. I get hits and find they have biten the bait off the hook and the baits are tough so they must like them. Tell me one animal that doesn't like sugar. Crappie fishin is alot like deer hunting or bass fishing, you can find 7 million different products that a designed to attract the fisherman more than the fish so who knows. All I know is my friends I fish with have made me give them some after getting their butts handed to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Kodak paste nothing better. nibbles are good but comes off easy

meplus30 Guest

Kodak paste?

Post Thanks / Like

Default scents

It is KODIAK paste not kodak paste

Post Thanks / Like

Default scents

Over on tackleunderground it seems most of the worm makers all seem to recommend on specific brand of scent i think it was upper hand scents, epically in shad formula. I used to have a bottle or two of scent before i really know how to fish, and lets say there is no magic that will make up for not being on fish. I had a long conversation with the aquarium manager at bass pro shops in Las Vegas and that is the one thing he was very convinced with was scent does dramatically help fish take and hold your bait. I normally only fish reaction baits and do just fine. I do fish some really large (12" and 1#) lures and we use a scent paste but the main reason is lubrication to be able to better move the lure on the hookset.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A great way to use nibbles or anyother soft attractant with tube jigs. Designed by one of us.

THE BAIT PUMP - SOFT BAIT INJECTION SYSTEM ! FOR CRAPPIE FISHING AND BASS FISHING

disclaimer: you know it
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

you right my spelling is no good anymore old guys forget. but it is really good stuff. but I never heard of kick'n crappie. kodiak paste in minnow or waz worm is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast