Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Business owners?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Business owners?

Who owns there own business, and what is it?

Do you ever have them "rare customers"? You know, the ones that you can't make happy.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Over time I learned how to say NO and that took care of the rare

Post Thanks / Like

i own a home remodeling business here in kc. we specialize in kitchens/baths. by chance an upscale bath remodel we did we has a pair of klipsch speakers mounted in the ceiling. very nice

Post Thanks / Like

I am part owner in two businesses that rely on customer service to distinguish ourselves from the competition. We push customer service 24/7.

Marketing studies indicate a disgruntled customer will tell 8 - 10 times more people about a bad experience than a customer will repeat a pleasant experience.

There is a thread going on right now that involves an individual complaining about service from Grizzly Jig on some B n' M Poles.

At this point I have had very little experience with either of these companies.

I have been on this site for well over a year. Grizzly Jig constantly gets good reports from others using this site. The individual expressed displeasure over the product he received. I have been impressed that numerous others have jumped to the defense of Grizzly Jig and also point out that B n' M Poles indicate they are aware of the problem this person experienced and have offered to replace the affected rods.

I find it interesting that this complaint came about the time of Grizzly's Annual show.

I find it refreshing that all of the posts in response to the negative post are in defense of Grizzly Jigs and B n' M Poles. I would only hope that if someone complained about the service someone received from us that our satisfied customers that heard about it would defend us the same way.

Not really an response to your thread, but I felt it did apply...just my $.02...mg
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

Don't own a business, I am the rare customer. Instead of "have them" you should have written "have those"! Learn english, man
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I do

Law Office. I'm the one expected to apply the law against the other guy and find a reason it doesn't apply to my "customer."

I often basically feel like my job is to give people bad news in such a way to make them like it.

Mother Teresa said it best (or maybe it was the Marines):

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

rco

Post Thanks / Like

I own my own business, have for 25years, I was a wedding/portrait photographer for around 18 years. yup some folks are just a pain in the ***.
    I go far an above for my clients, but there’s that 5% out there that you just can’t please.
    lol I can pick am out pretty good now, usually charge em more and no extras.
    I don’t need them or any of their friends for references

I dont have to deal with any of it now, I'm rehabing homes now an loven it.
    keeps me fit and its a great feeling making something nice again after some low life distroyed it, lol

enough of this lets talk crappie
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-27-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a 50% owner of "Alabama Automation & Service, Inc." we build costum control systems for Industrial automated material handling system. We also do detention control sytems (ex. Jails, Court Houses ect).
    All our work is by contract, we are able to write the specs for each job.
    So if the drawings and specs are approved (by costomer) then we have no costumers unhappy, they have read and approved the job specs before we start and know what they are getting. Makes life alittle easier, sometimes :D
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Electrical contractor! Not too often will I get a customer that is impossible to make happy. I will do whatever necessary and reasonable to win their business. I do offer lifetime warranty on my work but not on material since I can't quality control that. Occasionally, however, I have trouble collecting after the work is finished. Most of those are people who change or add work from the original spec. I always give them an updated estimate and don't proceed without their O.K.

There are a few that I will not do work for anymore. These folks have trouble getting anyone to come back.
    Last edited by Speck; 01-27-2009 at 07:29 AM.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Mech. contractor for 24 yrs. did mostly industerial work those folks are fairly easy to get along with, as long as you do good work. Every once in while you will get a smart a""" that thinks they know your job better than you do,best way to handle that is , have the ability to tell them to go to **** and then make them feel bad cause they didnt get to make the trip.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-27-2009 at 08:59 AM.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast