Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz 6-22

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 6-22

Caught 46 keepers and boated another 200 shorts on a very hot day. Fish liked jigs tipped with a minnow or niblet down 12-15 feet in 15-30 feet of water over brush. Keepers range from 9-13 inches, nice stringers but never couldn't find the mother lode of keepers. Will try again this coming weekend, but wait I think I have another bite! PS take plenty of sun screen and water when you go. Bruce

Overland Park, SE Kansas and Lake of the Ozarks
    Post Thanks / Like

I am arriving at the Lake on Saturday from Colorado. We are going to fish in 12 - 15' of water over brush. We plan to use 1/8 oz tube jigs tipped with a minnow.

Is there any other technique that seems to help produce fish?

Dennis King
    25MM

Post Thanks / Like

we have been using 1/16 oz jigs, drops a little slower and many have been hitting as the bait falls, pay attention to the drop and set the hook. Find the cleanest possible water, you may have to look at bit, most is like chocolate milk, we have been fishing in water with 18-24 inch visibility. Look for the better water and catch fish. Use the jig and minnow, straight jig has been pretty slow for most fishermen. Bruce

Overland Park, SE Kansas and Lake of the Ozarks
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Can't wait to taste the light meat.

Post Thanks / Like

What section of the lake are you fishing and how do you avoid the big boats?

I was fishing the Tantara area I think it was Kinchoch hollow but I think that area is really hopping with big boats about this time of the year. I usually avoid this lake during the summer but if the crappie are still biting there I'll make the run if I can avoid the crazies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raintree
    What section of the lake are you fishing and how do you avoid the big boats?

I was fishing the Tantara area I think it was Kinchoch hollow but I think that area is really hopping with big boats about this time of the year. I usually avoid this lake during the summer but if the crappie are still biting there I'll make the run if I can avoid the crazies.
    I would avoid between the 0 to 40 mile markers during the weekends, especially the 16-23 becuase of the bars and boats heading and returning from partycove. And if you just have to fish, start about 5:30 and leave the water by 11:00. Good luck to ya and be safe.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on what Ted said. However, fished to 40-50 mm Saturday and it was still rough and hot. It is time to move to MTL or Truman. May fish it one more weekday then make the move, but done with LOZ on weekends until after Labor Day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats about what I figured. Thanks for the update