Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pontoon Stake Driving Boat Idea's

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Pontoon Stake Driving Boat Idea's

I have bought an old pontoon boat and modifying the deck so I can drive stake beds from the inside of boat. I saw some of the guides at Bucannon Resort using one when i had a condo there. Didn't take pictures or pay that much attention at the time but want information on what to do.
    I've been making beds from 5 gal. buckets and quick crete but doing most of by myself taking its toll.

Just wanted anyones opinion that may be doing this, or knows what best way would be. Thought this would be safer in water depths that would allow to secure boat by placing long steel rods on each conner to hold boat in position and have some kind of trap doors in center of boat and maybe even a grid to drive stakes in. Any and all ideas would greatly be appreciated.

If you have something set up like this and willing to share pictures would be of great help as well.

Thanks in advance for all help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Still wanting to get info on this idea or if someone knows a better way please share. Just seems to be a safe and easy way to place structure. Just would like some feed back.

Thanks;

Barry

Post Thanks / Like

don't know but i think that there was some pic's of a boat that the Arkansas fish and game had fixed up that had a tilt area on part of the frt. deck,,load her up,pull up on the spot you want to plant em and tilt her up shazam they slide off and then go back and get another load
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

i have built one exactly like what u seen cant post pics but you are welcome to come look im in huntington tn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big sandy View Post
    i have built one exactly like what u seen cant post pics but you are welcome to come look im in huntington tn
    check your private messages

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by big sandy View Post
    Thanks Big Sandy, I have a place in Camden, TN and I will be back up there next week weather permitting. Would love to meet and look at your boat then if that ok. Please pm me with info and I will be in touch when I get back up in your area.

Thanks;

Barry