Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How quick will crappie find new structure

Post Thanks / Like

Default How quick will crappie find new structure

Some friends and I put out some structure this past week. We put out mostly tobacco stick stake beds and a few PVC structures. They are located at various depths with the most of them favoring the spring fishing period. However, we have some a deeper depths for the transition periods as well as some fall and winter fishing.

Our primary target is late March and into May. Can we expect fish to be at these places this spring? Water temps are currently in the low 40's.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I would say definitely YES. Sounds like you've covered the ranges of water depths for multiple seasons.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris View Post
    I would say definitely YES. Sounds like you've covered the ranges of water depths for multiple seasons.
    That was the plan to cover different transition periods. I found a ledge that runs from the main river channel out to the bank. It "falls" off on two different directions, so it is a very defined ledge. I put stake beds out on this ledge from 12' to 5' deep now at winter pool ( it will rise 5' at summer pool.)

Hopefully we can have them covered.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lungbuster View Post
    That was the plan to cover different transition periods. I found a ledge that runs from the main river channel out to the bank. It "falls" off on two different directions, so it is a very defined ledge. I put stake beds out on this ledge from 12' to 5' deep now at winter pool ( it will rise 5' at summer pool.)

Hopefully we can have them covered.
    Don't forget the flats. Late post spawn you will find them out in open water huddling up. Sometimes they suspended on top of structure. They recouping from spring hemorrhoids (sore red tails from the spawn). This is when I use small minners on the short shank hook. You can expect short bites. If you feel the thump here, you done missed the fish and he done got your bait......MOHO
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-26-2009 at 11:50 AM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

You my friend have just created yourself a "honeyhole".........good days are just around the corner.I usually wait 6 months or more but i discovered i've been making a mistake,i put out an oak top several weeks ago and decided to take a look at it in less than 2 weeks to my surprise it was loaded with fish we pulled 50 keepers off it the first 2 times we fished it......never too early.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Don't forget the flats. Late post spawn you will find them out in open water huddling up. Sometimes they suspended on top of structure. They recouping from spring hemorrhoids (sore red tails from the spawn). This is when I use small minners on the short shank hook. You can expect short bites. If you feel the thump here, you done missed the fish and he done got your bait......MOHO

Yeah the majority are on the flats.