Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Itch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Itch

I am starting to get that crappie itch again. Went to the Louisville Sport Boat and Vacation Show this weekend. Very sad show by the way. You can tell the economy is bad because it was a lot smaller then normal and it was a real disappointment. The one good thing that came from it is all the marinas where well represented and I have not been able to get fishing season out of my head. I will be wrapped up with hunting in a month and will get the boat running. So far I have one trip to Weiss Lake, three to KY Lake and one to Lake Erie booked. I work for the state and the Division I work for is going to a four day work week. I now get Fridays off with the same pay. My wife already figures she won't see me until May.
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy

Post Thanks / Like

that would be great, a 4 day work week every week.

Post Thanks / Like

Jig boy, I know what you mean. The 60 degree weather last week didn't help at all either. At least it's back to being winter again. I've been working a bunch of OT trying to build the comp time up for fishing season. Come March/April I hope to be taking a lot of 4 day weekends myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Jigboy I've been wondering where you were?
    I went to the show Sunday and you're right it was LOUSY. Not only smaller but set up so that you had to enter every area almost like thru a gate. All the campers and boats were set up like a corral with one way in and out. It was almost like they were afraid someone was going to steal one. Oh well maybe next year will be better.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 day work week

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    that would be great, a 4 day work week every week.
    I wonder how many people are on 4 day work weeks. I have heard about others going to it due to the economy. I have been on a 4 day week, Monday thru Thursday, 10 hr days for 3 years now. Love it. I spend less money on gas driving to work but a lot more on gas going fishing more. Oh well thats the price we have to pay.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I've got the itch, too. It never really goes away. Sorry to hear the Louisville boat show was lame. On the main board, the guys who went to the Grizzly Jigs show said it was awesome. I bet that doesn't help the itch at all.

I live near Richmond, and the boat dealer on I-75 near exit 99 looks like he has packed it in. Not sure if he went out of business or just moved to a new location. Probably a tough time to be in any kind of business like that right now.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation As I understand it, Teq ....

Quote Originally Posted by TeqSheriff View Post
    I live near Richmond, and the boat dealer on I-75 near exit 99 looks like he has packed it in. Not sure if he went out of business or just moved to a new location. Probably a tough time to be in any kind of business like that right now.
    The Lexington Boats dealership is out of business and liquidating. Also, Plapps Marine (Florence, Ky) is out of business. Locally, that only leaves Stokley's Marine and Anglers Outpost (Nicholasville area) dealerships still available ... that I know of, anyway.

Lexington's "boat show" has been so lame, over years past, that I quit going a long time ago. Rupp Arena is so expensive to rent out, that they have to let alot of "non-boat & recreation" venders in ... and still charge admission.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have been busy hunting and haven't been on the site much but I am hear for the the fishing season now. Hunting season stunk for me but my two boys both did great. My step son shot his first deer and actually killed two does with one shot. Heard of it happening but never witnessed it until then. My son killed his first buck and got a 18 inside spread eight point. Those deer made up for my bad year and is something I will never forget.

As for the work schedule, I work for the state and a lot of departments are going to 4 day work week. We save a lot on travel reimbursement and energy. I am really looking forward to it. I am planning to head out on Thursday afternoon and fish and camp out at the local camp grounds and then hit the lake al day on Fridays. If I have a busy weekend I will head home after that if if not I will stay all weekend.

As far as the boat show goes it normally is not great anyway but it gets me in the fever. This year was real bad but I guessed it would be with the way the economy is. I am guessing you could get a pretty god deal right now on a boat or camper if you have the guts to take a loan right now.

Glad to be back on Crappie.com
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy