Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Body Furnace For Cold Weather

Post Thanks / Like

Smile The Body Furnace For Cold Weather

Have Anyone Of You Ever Tired This Thing Called A Body Furnace? I Checked On It And If It Would Work Might Be Worth The Investment For Cold Weather Fishing. It Has A Rechargeable Battery Which I Like And Sells For $45 Plus Shipping..... You Wrap It Around Your Torso And It Keeps You Warm...... Again Anyone Tried It ????
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many batteries and how long they last.
    Never tried one.
    Used to use those baggies to take out of the bag and put them in your pocket. Less change of fire with those type of things.
    Not real sure about strapping a battery operated heating device to my torso under clothing.

Hey look. Kit's on fire.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They sell them at Everhardts in Clinton. Steve has one that he uses and loves it. He has tried to talk me into one many times. I guess I am to tight. They have a battery pack that looks like one for a remote control car or airplane.

Post Thanks / Like

I've started wearing battery powered socks and love them. I can sit and hunt or fish a lot longer when my feet are not cold. For my body I use the hot hands as Kit said and put them in my pockets and gloves if needed. If the Body Furnace works anything like the socks it would be great. The only down fall is if you move much the weight of batteries causes problems. The socks fall down!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Body Heat

I Don't Know How Big The Battery Is, Sure Hope It Isn't A 12 Volt Car Battery, That Would Be One Huge Problem.......he He...... Doubt If It Is That Big, Doesn't Look That Big In The Picture....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I've started wearing battery powered socks and love them. If the Body Furnace works anything like the socks it would be great. The only down fall is if you move much the weight of batteries causes problems. The socks fall down!
    PB......I've been using Rubber bands on my socks since I was a Kid. (old poor boy trick)
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

hot hands are a great way to go! at some point my sister-in-law bought me this thing you microwave then sit on it (on top of a bucket) - it worked fairly well, but I've lost it over the years... just one more thing to carry to the dock