Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Norman 1-24-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norman 1-24-09

Not much to say, We fished some new docks with out much luck, 3 crappie. Big cheese and blabbermouth done al right, I think they had about 20 or 21 crappie. We were tring to find some new docks with fish under them, It take a lot of time tring to find new places.
    Did meet a crappie.com member at the dock this morning, Good to meet you, FOOT. Hope you did better than we did. We left around 2 pm. Seem like alot of boat traffic out there today.

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I try a new fishing spot, I start second guessing myself. Should I keep on looking, go to where I caught them before, etc etc. Always great to find a new spot but it takes some courage to hunt for them. A nice day on the lake is all I get out of some these searches so I guess it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

It was real good to meet you and your son too, CBNC. We wound up with one keeper striper and one GIANT crappie of 2.7 lbs we caught on a trolled rapala in 82' of water. I thought there were a ton of boats out there as well. Glad you and your son got in some quality time, 'cause that's the main thing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iamfishing View Post
    Everytime I try a new fishing spot, I start second guessing myself. Should I keep on looking, go to where I caught them before, etc etc. Always great to find a new spot but it takes some courage to hunt for them. A nice day on the lake is all I get out of some these searches so I guess it works out.
    It take alot of time and sometimes you dont find anything, but when you do, then you got something to talk about. Some of my best spots I found on my own, and cought the most fish on them. Yes, sometimes my reports do not include big #'s but thats part of fishing to me, finding new holes to fish. I love fishing a new hole. I also like making my own holes, Making brush piles and cane condo's then going back and find fish on them. Boy , I am ready to go back, Just talking about it gets me fired up.:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iamfishing View Post
    I read this somewhere today.. but I recomend this stratagey too.. : Goto "honeyhole" get a couple meals worth then then next trip out make it a "exploring trip" go specifically to try and find new spots (Do not goto "honeyhole".. if you don't luck out then at least you got the backup in the freezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOAT View Post
    I read this somewhere today.. but I recomend this stratagey too.. : Goto "honeyhole" get a couple meals worth then then next trip out make it a "exploring trip" go specifically to try and find new spots (Do not goto "honeyhole".. if you don't luck out then at least you got the backup in the freezer
    A philosophy that I can use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy N.C. View Post
    It take alot of time and sometimes you dont find anything, but when you do, then you got something to talk about. Some of my best spots I found on my own, and cought the most fish on them. Yes, sometimes my reports do not include big #'s but thats part of fishing to me, finding new holes to fish. I love fishing a new hole. I also like making my own holes, Making brush piles and cane condo's then going back and find fish on them. Boy , I am ready to go back, Just talking about it gets me fired up.:D:D:D
    Right now at this point in time i am actually sticking my index finger in my mouth and gagging profusely while i am typing one handed!!! Can you believe this guy Well i have finished the gagging and throwing up--it was good for me and feel free to do this to yourself once in a while after you read such crappie stuff as this--you will thank yourself for it.
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knappy View Post
    Right now at this point in time i am actually sticking my index finger in my mouth and gagging profusely while i am typing one handed!!! Can you believe this guy Well i have finished the gagging and throwing up--it was good for me and feel free to do this to yourself once in a while after you read such crappie stuff as this--you will thank yourself for it.
    I figured you would say something off the wall about this post, But when I take you to one of MY NEW HOLES and you catch all them fish , then you will be talking a Whole new story!:D You better be Good or I want take you to my NEW Honeyhole! Just remember,It dont matter how much money you spend trying to catch up with me, I steal got the upper hand.:D Experience

Post Thanks / Like

Hey knappy, remember that day you spent trying to find that honeyhole I had last year? Yes, I know about you trying to find it on your own that day. Close to that white building, you just though you new where it was.