PDA

View Full Version : Gps?

gajud
01-24-2009, 08:42 AM
internal or external recivers any difference?

olesilverside
01-24-2009, 09:10 AM
I have one of each and I think the external is much more accrute, but I only have the two and never had anymore to judge them by.....I have a garmin 152 external and with big buttons and I love it..... my hand held does a really good job just not quite as accurate but plenty close for fishing points and beds......

Barnacle Bill
01-24-2009, 09:29 AM
External is normally better because you can place it where you will get the best reception. Sometimes just 12" higher can make a big difference.

speck chaser
01-24-2009, 09:42 AM
external is the only way i could get my 787c2i to read below 1.0 mph for trolling

gajud
01-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I have a Lowrance 480 with external. I have been saving alot of box tops and was thinking of getting the hummingbird 987si for the consol and moving the lowrance the the deck. will their be any problems with side by side mounting of the recivers?

skiptomylu
01-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I have one unit (Lowrance now) up front and one (Humminbird) on the console and both antenna are side by side in the rear. I ask about interfering with each other when I was thinking of putting them side by side and the only thing was that if I had both transducers side by side and now I don't as my up front one uses the Universal Sonar in my TM. I was told the 2 units can work side by side and even the transducers can if you put the units on different frequencies.

Skip