Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: gotta love the mdc

Post Thanks / Like

Default gotta love the mdc

Skip to: site navigation | page content | footer (site information) Missouri Department of ConservationFishing Hunting & Trapping Forestry Nature Private Land Education MDC Events: Detailed Search2nd Annual Ice Fishing Workshop
    Mozingo Lake Multi-Use Bldg., Maryville, MO
    Saturday, January 31 2009
    8 a.m. - 1 p.m.

This workshop will address Ice Safety & Equipment, Species to fish for & where to get em!Hands on/on the ice fishing techniques and filleting demonstration. Workshop will be cancelled if ice conditions are not favorable or it is too cold. Bait and tackle provided while supplies last and you are encouraged to bring your own gear. Dress for cold weather for on ice portion. Pre-Register at 816/271-3100 or 816/271-3111 ext. 232 and leave name and number of attendees.

Reservations are required by: Saturday, January 31

A free fee is required.
    Blog Magazine TV Show Accessibility Events Calendar Online Atlas MDC News
    MDC online home MO State homepage MDC Nature Shop Advanced Search Site Help Contact Us
    Copyright ©2009 Conservation Commission of Missouri. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
    About MDC | Jobs

"..will be cancelled if too cold.." its freaking ice fishing,its supposed to be cold!!

"...a free fee is required..." what the hell is that supposed to mean??!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did experience too cold to fish up in Wisconsin.
    I lasted 1 hr in a portable shanty.
    -5 and wind gust up to 35. The last straw was when my tip up went up and I shot a cross the ice to check it and and looked back and saw my shanty tumbling end over end back into the cove. Heater was still sitting on the ice though. I'm glad that buddy didn't flip with the shack and burn a hole through the canvas.

Too cold to fish that day.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy and I went up to Mozingo today. They have stopped all ice fishing for now. Supposed to have a city council meeting in the future to determine if they are going to allow ice fishin in the future. Don't know how this will affect the classes.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to Pam @ City Hall. She said they don't have insurance to let people on the ice so no ice fishing. Talked to Deb (?) at MDC and she mentioned that waviers need to be signed and even then the workshop may be moved to Nodaway County Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they had an ice break-through at Busch Wildlife a couple weeks ago. They got out after 10-15 minutes I believe, so don't think it can't happen. I'm just suprised the ice isn't thick enough yet.