Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan crappie/non-striper report 1-23-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan crappie/non-striper report 1-23-09

Me and Zach put in at Ebeneezer at 6:15am this morning. Caught most of the shad for fishing with on the first cast of the net. Cast the net many times afterwards, but only caught about a thousand shad around 1". Had lines set and pulling shad for striper by 7:15. Started at 1st point on left coming out of Ebeneezer and trolled all the way past the island and over to the left bank heading to the "S" curve. NOT A SINGLE BITE. Had lines from about 18'-25' deep. Didn't mark many fish either. Put the striper stuff away and headed to 64. Anchored under the bridge with everyone else and caught 65 total for the day with 25 keepers. Biggest fish about 13". My brother joined me with his son and they caught a few as well (hopefully he'll add a picture of his son's 14"er). Big one wasn't caught under the bridge, but at an undisclosed location :p:p Pulled shad again over near the island the last hour of the day while we rearanged the boat to leave with no bites then either. Weather next week looks good for the 64 bite to pick up. Good see all the fellas I know from here out there. Let's do it again sometime.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. A beautiful site (the fish that is.) :p
    Congrats to you and Zach. What a great day on the water. Sorry the stripers weren't cooperating. You made the best of it, however.

Great report!

Hometown is Salisbury, NC.. Currently live in Raleigh, NC
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike.. Looks like even though the stripers weren't cooperating the crappies were. I've been wanting to try my luck for stripers but I didn't know if you could catch bait this time of the year very well. Where were you finding the shad? If you do find any stripers please let me know and I'll be happy to do the same for you, Thanks..

Dcobb

Post Thanks / Like

good going guys
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had some success. We were there at 64 bridge area and a few other areas, but had less crappie action. The tally was 2 could have been keepers (11 &12 ), 5 shorts, 1 catfish , and 1 bream. There must have been 20 boats there surely some other members were in the crowd. I was glad to see the MAN show up and check many of the boats! I wonder what his tally was!!
    imfishn
    15 ft Scout, 50 hp Suzuki
    "I must be alright because I'm still fishing"

Post Thanks / Like

FH, we catch shad just South of the Ebeneezer bridge. The last couple of trips they were pretty tough to come by. We catch plenty of shad, they're just small though. Usually you can catch shad at Farrington Point, but a buddy of mine was up there yesterday and said they aunning small there too.

IM, yeah the man got to me and pulled my anchor loose, so a quick look at the liscence and registration and he said "It ain't worth all this" and pushed away. It actually worked in my favor though cause we drifted into a guy that back off and I got to get back in my spot. It was good to see him out there checking, I wish he had checked more fish though. That is the first time I've ever seen him on Jordan. It looked like he did give a couple tickets though. I think if they'd make more of a presence the smaller fish would be more apt to be thrown back.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!