Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: is it out of season allready???

supraboy82 Guest

Default is it out of season allready???

ok so i have been fishing crappie for the last couple weeks arround coleshaft bridge when yesterday we just didnt catch hardly anything most of what we have been catching has been small but have at least caught 5 or more keepers a day well someone told me today that the crappie could be for the most part out of season and im just wondering if this is or could be true if you guys could give me some tips or possible spots im bank fishing btw no boat yet but soon so yeah give me some tips

thanks

derrick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie

A buddy and I fished from 6:30 A.M. to 11 A.M. from the Coal Shaft bridge to just north of the railroad bridge down to the Findlay bridge. We caught around 25 crappie, but only had three keepers. We casted for a short time for white bass and caught two. Lots of fishing boats out today. We caught all our crappie on black/chartreuse jigs over brush in 12 to 15 ft. of water. I am planning on giving it another try on Monday.
    Ken

supraboy82 Guest

Default re

so they are in deep water because we have been fishing just the rock bank accross from the boat ramp and been catching them at about 1.5 to 2 feet of water but now they are not biting there just small ones

thanks

derrick