Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which is a better buy the 797 si or the 997si?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which is a better buy the 797 si or the 997si?

Just wanting some feedback on which you'll think is better to use and why. I'm undecided between the 797si 0r the 997 si humminbird models. Any info would be appreciated . Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

the screen is bigger on the 997 the screens on the new 797 are supposed to be a little bigger, just depends on the price if its worth it for you to go bigger , i got the 1197 and love it, i have the 797 on another boat its ok functions are good and eay to use, but once you get the side image your hooked for life

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 797 and wish I had the 997. Why??? It has a bigger screen and more pixels. This means a better si picture BIG TIME ?. Have never been happy with the 797 but I could not come up with another 1000 and justify it to the wife. As it is she does not know about the 797 Get the 997?? But also get it with the maps preloaded. I bought my maps after the fact because I did not think I needed it. But it is the best thing I like about the unit is the GPS and the maps. Keeps me in the water and away from shallows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laserdoc View Post
    I have the 797 and wish I had the 997. Why??? It has a bigger screen and more pixels. This means a better si picture BIG TIME ?. Have never been happy with the 797 but I could not come up with another 1000 and justify it to the wife. As it is she does not know about the 797 Get the 997?? But also get it with the maps preloaded. I bought my maps after the fact because I did not think I needed it. But it is the best thing I like about the unit is the GPS and the maps. Keeps me in the water and away from shallows
    Your right there!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Don't buy the 797, get the 798 - new for 09. Same price, higher resolution, 2 card slots and 50 channel GPS. Having said that, I wish I had held out for the 997 strictly for the screen size, but it came down the 1K extra thingy that did me in.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can dish out the extra $$$ go for the 1197. I have the 997 and love it, however my friend has the 1197 and I'm so jealous. I think I'll give him a call and see if we can watch the super bowl on it.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the support fellows'. I truly appreciate all of your feedback. Sounds like either the 997 or the 798. Just gotta make my mind up.

Post Thanks / Like

997 if you can afford it.Think you would be alot happier
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-24-2009 at 06:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I want a SI so bad but I want to wait till the latest that I can stand it so I can get the best unit they have out along the 997 line. Was going to go the 797 route but after hearing some of the regrets over not getting the bigger units I changed my mind. I read every posts on these SI units and really like seeing posted screen shots.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you slabbandit I'm leaning towards the 997 but NOT until they address the slow refresh rate issue.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers