Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lookin to buy a Lowe Stinger/Crappie Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default lookin to buy a Lowe Stinger/Crappie Boat

Hello, All!
    I am in the market to buy a new boat. I am very strongly leaning toward the Lowe Crappie Boat. I would like to get some feedback from anyone who has had some experience or has any helpful advice. Should I use a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke? Does it handle well? I will be fishing on small lakes. Also, should I spend the money to get a new boat or is it just as good to get one that is 2-3 years old? Any helpful info is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

its always more economical to buy a slightly used boat. as soon as u drive off the lot with that new boat the value decreases tremendously. just my thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lowe stinger 175 with 50 4 stroke merc. i like mine very well. it has a very smooth ride, and has lots of fishing space. you can use 1 or 2 seats up front 2/ 23 gal livewells, and a 9ft rod locker. I see used ones now and then, but not much cheaper than new. hope this helps.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Oh welcome to the site from southern il
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the Lowe Crappie boat two years ago at a boat show here in Alabama. I went home and Googled the boat and read reviews of the boat. The only problem I read about was something about problems pumping water to both livewells? I finally decided on a Stratos 176XT, glass boat with wide decks and it was cheaper than the Lowes Crappie boat. Same size motor, Lowes had a Merc. with one year warranty and the Stratos had a Yamaha with 2 year warranty...It took me over a week to decide which one of the two best fit what I wanted in a boat...Good luck with your choices and buy what best fits you and your needs....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I like mine

I have a 2004 Lowe 180W with a 90hp 2 stroke & I love it. Good ride. Can put 3 seats up front. Wide as a bus. She set pretty high out of the water so she does catch some wind. I would go with a 4 stroke if I had the chance. I bought this one used (guy had it 3 days & traded it back in on a faster boat). She'll do about 50mph if I eat a lite breakfast. :D Still had 3/4 tank of gas from the first tank & I saved about $3000.
    Last edited by Wiskers; 01-23-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Wiskers I have the same boat & same year w/ 90 hp johnson 2 stroke. Mine will also run about 50 mph. I love it!!! I got mine used as well about a year ago & it was only used a few time before I got it & looked new. It's also good on gas I can fish several times on a tank of gas. Question what size gas tank does it have? I'm also in Ky, Bowling Green.
    Set da hook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floatntiny View Post
    Wiskers I have the same boat & same year w/ 90 hp johnson 2 stroke. Mine will also run about 50 mph. I love it!!! I got mine used as well about a year ago & it was only used a few time before I got it & looked new. It's also good on gas I can fish several times on a tank of gas. Question what size gas tank does it have? I'm also in Ky, Bowling Green.
    my 2007 has a 13 gal tank, but with 50/ 4 stroke seems like it makes gas. I can only about 30 mph fully loaded.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I fished a Lowe boat for 20 years so I can say firsthand they are great boats. That being said, you can by a used War Eagle 860 listed here in the swap section for less than 17k thats only 9 months old and set up at a professional level.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I like what yikess is talking. Good looking boat over there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast