Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scrap Iron & The Wasp Nest

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Scrap Iron & The Wasp Nest

This is a true story, For years I had a great friend and fishing buddy, He is passed on now and I sure do miss him. He and I fished every creek, river and pond that we could get into anywhere around here[Savannah Ga.] and lower South Carolina. I have some wonderful memories of time fishing with my ol buddy. His nick name was scrap iron, He was called that because he was a auto paint and body man, one of the best! I was not with him this day, he took another one of his friends with him and I sure am glad he did. They were fishing in the Savannah river up stream on the South Carolina side in a place that is called the gator holes. He was back up in the swamp fishing around some stumps when his hook became tangled up in a limb that was growing out of a stump. He snatched it hard a couple of times not knowing there was a wasp nest in the limb. Out flew a couple of wasp and stung him in the face. Well that made him mad, He said I am going over there and knock that nest in the water. The fellow that was with him began to beg please let me out of this boat, Put me on the hill first! Scrap Iron said no way, We are in this thing together and began to paddle over to the stump where the wasp nest was. The guy lay down in the bottom of the boat and put a rain coat over him self and held on. Scrap Iron made a swing at the wasp nest and missed the nest but hit the limb the nest was on. Man the wasp just covered him. The guy in the bottom of the boat began to hollar and that rain coat began to jump. They came by my house and man what a sight! Scrap Iron looked like someone from mars, Both eyes was swollen shut and he had knots all over his head and upper body. His friend was in pretty bad shape too and some kind of mad at Scrap Iron. He said man I begged you to please let me out of that boat. I still laugh when I remember what those two looked like. No fish to clean that day! Hope you all enjoyed this story, It's true! Good Fishing To All! Jimmy S.
    Likes fish getter, Crappie ciller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

haha this is great.. i love reading the storys on this board

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like a good buddy.
    -Arnie

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO:D Good one!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL that's a good story. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be in that boat.

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAHHAHA That reminds me of a story my buddies told me once when we went Kayaking.

My buddy red has a nasty habit of playin wasp nest baseball.. Well they were kayakin up at green river in NC and he smacked a nest.. instead of breaking off and flying downstream like normal it bounced and hit the front of his Kayak.. Needless to say he rolled it, but not before he got stung multiple times in the face and chest.

They hauled tail downstream and looked back.. there were a ton of people behind them saying thnigs that I wont repeat.. (they didnt either) but needless to say when they got out at the landing they didnt hang around long.. alot of angry people were comin after them

he learned his lesson that day and quit smackin nests..
    I couldn't think of anything witty to put here....
    Click my Homepage to help me in Gladiatus :D

Post Thanks / Like

and i thought i had a temper... man i bet he wished he had just cut the line lol
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That had to smart.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch... in the face... that must have hurt!!!
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

My little brother-n-law and I were fishing a private lake in my dads john boat. Just paddling around and doing some casting. There was a stump that stuck about 18 inchees out of the water with a few short limbs growing out of it. We had driftted close to it when he looked at it and saw a GIANT wasp nest in the top of the stump. You should have seen us paddling backwards so that we did not hit the stump. We were really lucky. Never got close to it after that.