Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired Of Bad Manafactures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tired Of Bad Manafactures

Well I got into crappie fishing not knowing if I would enjoy it so I got get-by rods Rapalas 2 8's 2 10 's broke all 4 of them in 4 months well I enjoy crappie fishing bought a couple Sam Heaton 10's third trip today broke one in half on a dinky 3lb black bass at hook set and it broke on the handle blank? never had this happen before with any thing almost thru it in the lake I remembered My reel was still on it here's the pics. of fish and rod laying by My last good one?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

ozark or todd huckabee xlite jiggin stick is the way to go...
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default rods

I like it, someone who doesnt set the hook like a little girl:p.
    I have to say that my crappie rods seem to hold up fine if i dont abuse them and keep them out of harms way. On another note i have been really pleased with shimano rods, they seem to standup really well.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using bnm westpoint 10 fts for about 6 years never had any problems with them. have pulled in 15lb drum, 3and 4 lb catfish. 10 lb limbs can't go wrong with them. Just bought a 10 ft pro angler only used it 1 time before the weather set in, it seems to a nice rod.
    Dave

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I use American Spirt..."outlaw"...rods and love them. I know there are ALOT of good ones out there though.

I do know my crappie stuff is WAAYY cheaper than my bass stuff
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall Tightline specials for me, they will handle any fish you just happen hook while perch jerkin, I too got sick of sams super JUNK.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 different long rods I use for crappie and have not broke any of them. The lowest cost ones are the Pro Angler and then Wally Marshall Pro Series and I guess the oldest ones I have are BnM Buck's Ultimate which have got a lot higher than they use to be. I think they are in the $80-$90 range.

All my other rods came over from my bass fishing and are all high end rods so will not try to convince anyone on them, but none of them ever broke except the GLoomis $345 rod that I sat on, but they did replace it anyway, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught 10-15 pound carp on my 10' Sam Heaton with no problem. I did break my 11' Sam Heaton trying to fre a snag. It broke at the rod joint where the two sections go together. Never saw one break there, but it may very well have been the way I was using it to try to get the jig loose. I got a new tip section and no problems since. Call BnM and send the broken one back. They'll replace it. Or if you bought it local take it there. One thing I've found, be careful not to knock the rod against the boat or anything. If you dent it, it will break at that dent.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've hauled in some good sized cat, drum, and gar on my Wally Marshalls without breaking one.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I hate that for ya dude! That is a sickening feeling especially when they are fairly new rods.

But I would contact BnM... I would think they would want to take a look at that rod.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast