Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help Fight Pollution - So our children will be able to eat the crappie they catch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Fight Pollution so future generations will be able to eat the crappie they catch

This email just came today and I thought I should post it here.

"Dear U.S. PIRG supporter,

Half of all Americans live in areas where smog pollution is so thick that the air is literally unsafe to breathe. Soot pollution cuts short tens of thousands of American lives every year. Scenic views in our national parks are marred with haze pollution.

Old and dirty coal-fired power plants are among the biggest sources of this pollution. Modern pollution controls could eliminate 75% or more of this pollution, but the Bush administration is working to loosen regulations to give these dinosaur power plants, many built during the Eisenhower administration or earlier, a lifetime license to pollute.

Now, the EPA is seeking public comment on this weakening of our clean air protections. Please take a moment to let the EPA know that you oppose weakening our clean air protections.

Follow the link below to go to a web page where you can email the EPA. Then ask your family and friends to take action by forwarding this email to them.

Voice Your Opinion

Sincerely,

Gene Karpinski
    U.S. PIRG Executive Director
    [email protected]
    http://www.USPIRG.org

P.S. Thanks again for your support. Please feel free to share this e-mail with your family and friends."
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

thanks MR.George W. Bush, our lovely president for loosening e.p.a. standards that have stood for over thirty years. Not gonna discuss politics. Not here for that. Thanks Mr. President. Your a real winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ,I thought he was a fisherman also....Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the link Jerry

I will do my part to help clean up the fish and the environement.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Radiation Pollution not discuss and hidden from the public in most cases by the Govt

Here is something that really scares the hell out of me guys. Radiation leaking from Nuclear Power plants and weapon processing facilities.

Oak Ridge TN was also run by the same goverment that ran Rockey Flats

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/0....ap/index.html

I didn't get a lot of time to study radiation at Purdue but we did have one class were we did some radiation sampling of water samples. We used a liquid sentilation unit of some kind. I remember hearing the machine click like a giger counter. Scarry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    This email just came today and I thought I should post it here.

"Dear U.S. PIRG supporter,

Half of all Americans live in areas where smog pollution is so thick that the air is literally unsafe to breathe. Soot pollution cuts short tens of thousands of American lives every year. Scenic views in our national parks are marred with haze pollution.

Old and dirty coal-fired power plants are among the biggest sources of this pollution. Modern pollution controls could eliminate 75% or more of this pollution, but the Bush administration is working to loosen regulations to give these dinosaur power plants, many built during the Eisenhower administration or earlier, a lifetime license to pollute.

Now, the EPA is seeking public comment on this weakening of our clean air protections. Please take a moment to let the EPA know that you oppose weakening our clean air protections.

Follow the link below to go to a web page where you can email the EPA. Then ask your family and friends to take action by forwarding this email to them.

Voice Your Opinion

Sincerely,

Gene Karpinski
    U.S. PIRG Executive Director
    [email protected]
    http://www.USPIRG.org

P.S. Thanks again for your support. Please feel free to share this e-mail with your family and friends."
    Regards,

Moose1am