Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Carriers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Carriers

I was just looking at Shipahoy's post on another section - got me thinking - what do you all use to get your gear down to the docks. We have a condo at LOZ with 3 separate docks - I like to move from one to the other, but usually have 3-4 rods, tackle box, basket, etc... Plus my little one! I would like something that makes transport quick and easy - any ideas!??! Not really wanting to buy a rod tote or anything like that - would prefer a homemade thing so I can customize it

Post Thanks / Like

This question comes up fairly regularly at the CAG forum (carp guys tend to carry a lot of gear.) Here's one thread discussing this:

Toting a bunch of gear - Carp Anglers Group Forums

If you search the archives over there, you will find more.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod and Equipment carrier

I use a lawn wagon or whatever it is called. It is like a large child's wagon for lawns. They are not very expensive and you can easily customize it. I use mine for a lot of purposes. There are some pictures at Lawn & Garden Carts, Wheelbarrows & Wagons from Rhino Carts but these are expensive. I bought one on special for about $50.

Yadkin Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yadkin Guide View Post
    I use a lawn wagon or whatever it is called. It is like a large child's wagon for lawns. They are not very expensive and you can easily customize it. I use mine for a lot of purposes. There are some pictures at Lawn & Garden Carts, Wheelbarrows & Wagons from Rhino Carts but these are expensive. I bought one on special for about $50.

Yadkin Guide
    That's what I use. added a few pieces of pvc around the sides for rod holders and a plastic box inside for misc. stuff that's not in the tackle bag. a little ramp and it rolls right into the back of my truck no picking up.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, i should have been more detailed... I have a lot of stairs to go up and down between the docks... so I need something I can pick up and carry - not a cart -