Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Posting Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Posting Photos

I know this has been discussed many times before BUT.Being cold today I thought I would learn how to Post Photos.When I open Photo Bucket from the icon I have on the desk top,at the top of the page it says"My Catalog-Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2".It has many pictures that I have taken.When I go to Labills instructions THE URL METHOD it says to right click on photo,click on "resize pictures".When I do that,the drop down box does not show that term.Also when I try to log in by using the photobucket address,it won't let me log in.It says I have the wrong password,even though they sent me one by E-Mail.I don't know any more about posting pictures,than I did 5 hours ago.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Hickory ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I know this has been discussed many times before BUT.Being cold today I thought I would learn how to Post Photos.When I open Photo Bucket from the icon I have on the desk top,at the top of the page it says"My Catalog-Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2".It has many pictures that I have taken.When I go to Labills instructions THE URL METHOD it says to right click on photo,click on "resize pictures".When I do that,the drop down box does not show that term.Also when I try to log in by using the photobucket address,it won't let me log in.It says I have the wrong password,even though they sent me one by E-Mail.I don't know any more about posting pictures,than I did 5 hours ago.
    It sounds like you haven't actually moved your pics from your computer files to your Photobucket account. Adobe Photoshop Album is a seperate entity from Photobucket. Sounds like you need to reset your password, or correctly enter your password and get into your Photobucket Album, and upload those pics into the Photobucket site, first ... before you try and post them on here.

Whatever size your pictures are uploaded into Photobucket, is the size they will post as ... so if your pics are larger than 640x480 pixels, using the URL link, rather than the IMG link, is the route to go.

Of the four different address links, listed under each of your pics ... you need only be concerned with two of them. The "Direct Link" is the "URL" link that you should use, if you want to post a pic larger than 640x480 ... that's the link that will leave a highlighted address in your post, that when clicked on will open a seperate window with the picture at full size (whatever size you uploaded it to Photobucket). The "IMG Code" is the link you should use for posting an actual picture right in your message, and the size should be "Large 640x480" or smaller. A simple copy/paste method will transfer either of these links to your message box/post.
    Don't even bother to use, or try to use, the other two links. The HTML Code link won't work on here (HTML is turned off on this site) ... the Email & IM link will post a URL link, but the window it opens is a full page, with your picture/ads/address info. The "Direct Link" URL link will open a seperate window, but only your selected picture will be shown.

As far as your password problem ... make sure you are using the proper letter case, when you type in your password. If I'm not mistaken, your password is case sensitive (ie - you can't use a small letter if the password calls for a Capital letter, or vice versa). If you can't get it to work ... follow the instructions to reset your password (which is right underneath the login blank).

If you continue to have problems, PM me and I'll try and walk you thru it.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

hickory it can get frustrating, crappiepappy showed me how to do it and It worked, one time slick as a gut on a hot roof, then next time nothing, then tried a week or so later and ok, it worked, been trying for a week now and not a picture will post, click on img and the blue box lights up, but no yellow box,and it wont let me paste the picture, the paste wont eaven light up it just stays transparent, go figure, keep trying i guess, goood luck to you
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-22-2009 at 09:15 AM.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

beagleman, I ran into this problem also on one computer. Click on img. if the yellow box (copied) does'nt come up go the highlighted text line on the right and right click on it and choose copy. You should now be able to paste it in the forum. Good luck.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

thank you will try it now, going to GRIZZLY JIG this weekend and wanted to be able to post pictures,

Post Thanks / Like

Paw Paw gene it worked I posted on the Mo. page and all is ok thanks again

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ain't that why we love it here. We are a bunch of know-it-alls that don't know-it-all but we know we can rely on each other to know-it-all. Say that again.
    No thanks needed.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Beagle ...

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    hickory it can get frustrating, crappiepappy showed me how to do it and It worked, one time slick as a gut on a hot roof, then next time nothing, then tried a week or so later and ok, it worked, been trying for a week now and not a picture will post, click on img and the blue box lights up, but no yellow box,and it wont let me paste the picture, the paste wont eaven light up it just stays transparent, go figure, keep trying i guess, goood luck to you
    If the yellow "COPIED" box does not appear when you click on the IMG Code link ... but the address code box DOES turn blue ... just right click on the highlighted section, and that should cause a dropdown box to appear. Click on "Copy" .... this is the old "manual" way of copy & paste. It still works

I was clicking thru my own Photobucket pics, when trying to help Hickory, and I did notice that the yellow Copied box did not appear, like it usually does/used to do. So ... I just used the old school copy/paste method, and it works fine. I don't know why the auto copy setup isn't working, and maybe it will come back, or maybe it was too much for Photobucket to maintain and they turned it off ... can't say for sure. It was just a convenience factor, anyway ... and just saved you a couple of clicks. Try the old copy/paste dropdown boxes method, and see if that still works for you.

... cp