Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Maybe a "far fetch"?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe a "far fetch"?

ABSOLUTELY A TRUE STORY HEARD ON A WISCONSIN RADIO STATION REPORTING ON THE INCIDENT.

A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 (with monthly payments of
    $860.00).
    He and a friend go duck hunting in upper Wisconsin It's mid-winter; and of
    course all of the lakes are frozen. These two guys go out on the ice with their
    GUNS, a DOG, and of course the new NAVIGATOR.

They decide they want to make a natural looking open water for the ducks to
    focus on, something for the decoys to float in. Now making a hole in the ice
    large enough to invite a passing duck, is going to take a little more power than
    the average drill auger can produce. So, out of the back of the new Navigator
    comes a stick of dynamite with a short 40 second-fuse. Now our two Rocket
    Scientists, afraid they might slip on the ice while trying to run away after
    lighting the fuse (and becoming toast, along with the Navigator), decide on the
    following course of action:

They light the 40 second fuse; then, with a mighty thrust, they throw the stick
    of dynamite as far away as possible. Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I
    mentioned the NAVIGATOR, The GUNS, and the DOG...?

Let's talk about the dog: A highly trained Black Lab used for RETRIEVING;
    especially things thrown by the owner. You guessed it: The dog takes off
    across the ice at a high rate of speed and grabs the stick of dynamite, with
    the burning 40-second fuse, just as it hits the ice.

The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in their
    necks swelling to resemble stalks of rhubarb, scream and holler at the dog to
    stop. The dog, now apparently cheered on by his Master, keeps coming. One
    hunter panics, grabs the shotgu n and shoots the dog. The shotgun is loaded with
    #8 bird shot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab.
    The dog stops for a moment, slightly confused, then continues on. Another shot,
    and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really confused and of course
    terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone insane. The dog takes off to find
    cover, UNDER the brand new Navigator

The men continue to scream as they run. The red hot exhaust pipe on the truck
    touches the dog's rear end, he yelps, drops the dynamite under the truck and
    takes off after his master.

Then " "" "" "" "" BOOOOOOOOOOOOM "" "" "" "" ! ! !

The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake, leaving the two
    idiots standing there with "I can't believe this just happened" looks on their
    faces.

The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by Illegal use of
    explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy. And he still had yet to ma ke the first
    of those $860.00 a month payments.

The dog is okay. . .doing fine.

And you thought Rednecks only live in the South...
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

That one has been out in different versions for a few years but YES it's true!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that "myth" tested on Mythbusters. I don't remember the final outcome but they did manage to sink a truck with a stick of dynamite and proved that the time frame was right on. I think they needed more than 1 stick on MB but all the same, what a site to behold.

Just makes me happy to know that I am smarter than at least a few people.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Www...

Quote Originally Posted by wwwUncle View Post
    I use that site sooooo many times.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.