Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dripping Springs?

halfastros81 Guest

Question Dripping Springs?

I have made three trips to Dripping Springs Lake since early this spring with the latest being yesterday (June 18). I obviously have a lot to learn as I have never caught more than five crappie on any trip and I have never caught any fish over about 1/2 lb (other than the two white bass that hit roadrunners).

I have been fishing strictly jigs (tubes and curly tails) and roadrunners. I have fished the dam area, around the spillway and the submerged timber across from the camping area (across the submerged creek bed.) I see lots of fish on the depth finder but cannot catch 'em. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by halfastros81
    I have made three trips to Dripping Springs Lake since early this spring with the latest being yesterday (June 18). I obviously have a lot to learn as I have never caught more than five crappie on any trip and I have never caught any fish over about 1/2 lb (other than the two white bass that hit roadrunners).

I have been fishing strictly jigs (tubes and curly tails) and roadrunners. I have fished the dam area, around the spillway and the submerged timber across from the camping area (across the submerged creek bed.) I see lots of fish on the depth finder but cannot catch 'em. Does anyone have any tips for me?
    You might try spidering minnows around and over the brush if they wont bite the artificial lures I have been catching lots of fish over at Gibson using this method caught around 60 yesterday over there hope this helps Big George

halfastros81 Guest

Thanks for the tip Big George. What is "spidering" minnows?

halfastros