Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What questions would you ask a guide?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What questions would you ask a guide?

I am thinking about taking my 12 year old son on a "guided crappie fishing trip" at Guntersvlle Lake. What questions would you ask the guide before you booked the trip? (never have used this guide before)

Post Thanks / Like

Ask him about his catch ratio per trip. Ask him if the weather is going to be a factor the date of your trip. I would hate you to waste your money if you will not be able to fish where he wants to in order to catch fish. Wind could be a factor.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask him if he can catch fish. I went out with Bill Dance one time and all he did was talk. Had a good time...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Ask what you should bring with you (besides money to pay for the outing :D).

Post Thanks / Like

I took Bill Dance also and it was one of the highlights of my life. I looked up to him when I was a kid. I took him to Arkabutla and we caught some hogs.

Post Thanks / Like

id ask for a free ride.....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

if you can bring a gps
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ask anything you have a question about. You should go prepared and comfortable to have a great day on the water. In July I visited my dad in south TX and hired a guide for two days. Of course, my dad thought this was unnecessary, but I had no intension of working on my vacation. What I asked was if he used live bait.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If you schedule is flexible, ask him about contacting you when the fishing is "on". I have taken my kids on striper trips on Nofork and the guide I used would call me when the fishing was good. He was also very good and having things for the kids the he may not for adults (for example a portable heater). One of the weekends I took the kids the temp dropped and we were fishing early in the morning. He had brought along a small heater for the kids so they could warm up. You may ask how flexible the guide is on using various methods to catch fish. The guide I used for stripers made sure the kids were catching fish (even if not the intended target). We ended up catching white bass and largemouth on shiners when the stripers slowed down just to give the kids something to catch to keep them from getting bored.