Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: YoYo's

Post Thanks / Like

Default YoYo's

Does anyone use these to catch crappie? Any tips to share?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ballgamedrink View Post
    Does anyone use these to catch crappie? Any tips to share?
    Sorry to sound opinionated, but that ain't fishin'.............I gotta strong peeve against the thangs
    Last edited by luvjign; 01-20-2009 at 06:41 AM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard they use them alot down at Reelfoot Lake ,Tn.... but mostly for catfish......
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    Sorry to sound opinionated, but that ain't fishin'.............I gotta strong peeve against the thangs
    I have some freinds on here that use them. But, I just don't see the thrill in it. I hear stories of "ice chests full" of slabs caught on them. That just don't seem like sport to me. But, as long as you maintain them and don't let fish dangel too long and it is legal, have at it.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a tip. Watch them closely cause theyre some opinionated people that may wanna cut them down. Good luck and set a bunch of them, 30 is the legal limit here in Arkansas.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a bias against them, too. I saw them absolutely ruin my favorite fishing lake and saw the lake get as good as it ever was within 2 years of the land owner locking the place up. During the period of time between when the hoard of yo yoer's descended on the lake and when it was locked up I was hearing lots of reliable stories about huge abuses. For example a friend of mine told me about 3 guys he knew who caught and took out over 500 crappie over one weekend. I never have liked them since then.

Post Thanks / Like

They might work here but you could only use 1 of them so quite the waste. Might actually get to use 2 poles this next year.

I can't see myself ever using them. Just no thrill in it. If I was starving and had nothing to eat but fish then maybe but not until then.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barry davis View Post
    I have a tip. Watch them closely cause theyre some opinionated people that may wanna cut them down. Good luck and set a bunch of them, 30 is the legal limit here in Arkansas.
    Key words: "Watch them closely"......and retrieve the fish if you're gonna use them. The sight of hanging dried crappie skin and bones displayed out of the water kinda turns my stomach.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Just a fancy way of jug fishing but there was a thread on here a while back about it.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/misso...g-crappie.html

Not my way of fishing but if legal where you are that's your choice.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

don`t know why people don`t like them they are good for catfish ,me and a few of my friends camp out each year and fish with them.we run them at least every hour and have a great time ,some times we catch fish and others we don`t.does owning a gun make me a murderer ,just because you use yo yos don`t mean it ain`t fishing????

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast