Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peer pressure got the best of me.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peer pressure got the best of me.......

All this talk about using crappie nibbles forced me (kicking and screaming :rolleyes: ) into the local warehouse. I'm not sure if I found them or not. What I ended up with are Berkley's Crappie power nuggets. I had a choice of gold, red, or silver glitter - one jar of red and one jar of silver found their way into my hands, and up to the counter I went. Following is why I'm posting: For anyone who has not yet used these products - Do not open until ready to use!! It's been close to two hours ago when I opened the red jar, and I'm still picking glitter off myself. It's in the truck, on my pants, between my fingers, in my hair, on the floor, in my ears, heck there's even some on the keyboard now!! All I did was pick one piece out of the jar to look at it.

Anyway, now that I have some, all I do is add it to my lure of choice? Little piece on my favorite jig, little piece added to my favorite crankbait? Or do you fish this stuff by itself?

Another thing I saw that was new to me, was the amount of panfish related baits that are made with Gulp. They had everything one could think of; Gulp minnows (2"), Gulp maggots - in every color God didn't intend an animal to be, Gulp worms - both garden size and nightcrawler size, I even saw a bag of Gulp frogs (2"). Almost grabbed a bag of them, but realized it was the perfect setup for a compulsive buy, and put them back. How did that bag get in hands anyway? :p

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulp! products

Berkley sent us a couple of packs of Gulp! products: one of nightcrawlers and one of an assortment of "critters" in several colors. We have yet to get so much as a bite on the stuff. We have two items left to try, so maybe we'll still get a story to submit for their big writing contest. Right now, we'd have to lie like a rug. Smart move putting the package back on the shelf.

Haven't tried the nuggets, but hubby ( he turns 54 today - wish him a happy b'day) loves the chart glitter Crappie Nibbles and you're right, that stuff gets EVERYWHERE! - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

:D Heh! Heh! Heh! Don't you just love those 'old' fishers with glitter on their noses. Then hear their stories that DON'T include the fact they were using them. I'm guilty!!!! Got busted doing just that!!! Now I check my face before it turns red! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used the nuggets but have used the nibblers that don't have
    glitter,somtimes it makes all the difference.I just add it to the jig or
    throw some over the spot I'm fishing as chum.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve, try kullis's freeze dried bait cubes for chumming. When i'm shore fishing i use em to bring the fish in to me. The panfish love them and in my lake the pike arent far behind. You can learn more about them at [email protected]. He's located in Bedford, Ohio. I believe that's his email address. Try a search for freeze dried baits and you may get his website. I found it. It's Kastaway.com . Lots of good stuff there.
    Last edited by chaunc; 08-20-2004 at 08:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

When I start new bluegills in my aquarium, I feed them frozen brine shrimp. I would think that any local pet store would have frozen blood worms as well. Don't know if the effects are different between freeze dried and frozen though.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Nibbles from Berkely are small and there may be 100 or 200 of them in a jar. They sell them by Weight not number. But they are smaller than those gulp things. Sounds like you bought one of the jars of catfish bait.

What you want is CRAPPIE NIBBLES from Berkely. I use the Chartruse colored nibbles myself but others like the sparkle ones. I can't find the sparkle ones here where I live at my Wal-Marts. I need to speak to the guys that order stuff for the store to ask them to get some of the sparkle ones for us.

Yes you are correct about how they can make a mess. They do wash off though. The disolve in water pretty quickly

I leave about 10 or so nibbles out on the deck carpet of my boat while fishing to let the sun dry the outer skin of them out a bit. Now if it's humid out side like at night they will absorb more moisture than they lose so don't leave them out at night. But when the sun is shining they will harden up and stay on the hooks longer. They will eventually dissolve and fall of the hook.

I fish them slowly by vertical jigging with them or use them on jigs that are hanging under a slip float from 1ft to 10ft deep.

I have some red crappie nibbles but they didn't seem to work as well

I can put a chartruse crappie nibble on a #10 (very small hook) all by itself and fish along a concrete boat ramp and catch lots of very small bluegills. That works almost as well as a piece of balony

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    All this talk about using crappie nibbles forced me (kicking and screaming :rolleyes: ) into the local warehouse. I'm not sure if I found them or not. What I ended up with are Berkley's Crappie power nuggets. I had a choice of gold, red, or silver glitter - one jar of red and one jar of silver found their way into my hands, and up to the counter I went. Following is why I'm posting: For anyone who has not yet used these products - Do not open until ready to use!! It's been close to two hours ago when I opened the red jar, and I'm still picking glitter off myself. It's in the truck, on my pants, between my fingers, in my hair, on the floor, in my ears, heck there's even some on the keyboard now!! All I did was pick one piece out of the jar to look at it.

Anyway, now that I have some, all I do is add it to my lure of choice? Little piece on my favorite jig, little piece added to my favorite crankbait? Or do you fish this stuff by itself?

Another thing I saw that was new to me, was the amount of panfish related baits that are made with Gulp. They had everything one could think of; Gulp minnows (2"), Gulp maggots - in every color God didn't intend an animal to be, Gulp worms - both garden size and nightcrawler size, I even saw a bag of Gulp frogs (2"). Almost grabbed a bag of them, but realized it was the perfect setup for a compulsive buy, and put them back. How did that bag get in hands anyway? :p
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you bought one of the jars of catfish bait.
    Nope says "crappie" right on the jars..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Hey Steve, try kullis's freeze dried bait cubes for chumming. When i'm shore fishing i use em to bring the fish in to me. The panfish love them and in my lake the pike arent far behind. You can learn more about them at [email protected]. He's located in Bedford, Ohio. I believe that's his email address. Try a search for freeze dried baits and you may get his website. I found it. It's Kastaway.com . Lots of good stuff there.
    Thanks for the info , appreciate it.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Well then that be the ones. ! LOL

They really do work for me. I have 100% faith in them. I can tell the minute I am not getting any bites that the nibble has fallen off the hook. They are that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    Nope says "crappie" right on the jars..........
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast