Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: That's It Getting The Ice Auger Out

Post Thanks / Like

Red face That's It Getting The Ice Auger Out

Well drove down to sparrowfoot this am about 11 and found 2 to 3" of ice, and no relief in weather next few days, so come home dug out my old ice auger which I use more for digging post holes than ice holes. Stocked or put about 100 really nice crappie in my brother n laws 3 acre pond about 5 years ago and he has a dock on it so I am drilling holes tomorrow and at least put a line in the water, really need to put some structure in it, but kids swim around it all summer and have a water slide on the dock, but am thinking about a pvc porpcupine bed and hang......... can't take anymore of this cabin sitting........wife's going crazy, I am going crazy... hell the whole world is going crazy..........
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Osage

olesilversides, Being from MO., I would think that there is plenty of Hedge--Osage Orange--Bodark--whatever you folks call it around there. That stuff is about as good as you can get for wood cover. It is VERY rot resistant and easily sunk. ole giller

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Using wood for bed

No problem getting wood for beds, just don't want to make a mess for the kids swimming hole, thought I would just hang a pvc'er off the dock with cable and pull up in spring.........

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad idea being able to pull it out when it warms up. Fishing in the fall and swimming in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that dock north of Windsor on WW?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Well drove down to sparrowfoot this am about 11 and found 2 to 3" of ice, and no relief in weather next few days, so come home dug out my old ice auger which I use more for digging post holes than ice holes. Stocked or put about 100 really nice crappie in my brother n laws 3 acre pond about 5 years ago and he has a dock on it so I am drilling holes tomorrow and at least put a line in the water, really need to put some structure in it, but kids swim around it all summer and have a water slide on the dock, but am thinking about a pvc porpcupine bed and hang......... can't take anymore of this cabin sitting........wife's going crazy, I am going crazy... hell the whole world is going crazy..........
    Did you walk into the quarry? Or just the ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of those too. Does anybody know where you can get replacement blades for it? I'm not sure if the company is still in business.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Drilled holes 2" to 3" thick

Yes that little lake is about 2 mi. north on ww...... Damn wind was so cold out of the north with no protection, drilled holes today will fish tomorrow..... No I do not walk into quarry, did once, too far empty handed and with 15 crappie weighing 20 or so pounds (dreaming a little) they would get heavy, like the ramp and boat and coffee and heaters and live wells and warm cab, and well I just like using the boat. The only walking I do is over on Otter Creek during spawn...........

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan and I put some nice bass in there the first year it filled up. We hit all kinds of little farm ponds that summer. It was a great time fishing with him in the little two man boat. Nice little lake they have out there..

Post Thanks / Like

Red face 100 Crappie

About 4 Or 5 Years Ago Ron One Of My Other Brother N Laws And I Put A 100 Nice 10 To 13 Crappie In There In The Fall About November After We Had All We Wanted Out Of The Quarry And Tired Of Cleaning Fish...... Have Caught A Few 8" In Summer Off Dock With Cork And Jig Never Had Really Went After Them Until Today, Got Holes Drilled But Just To Cold With The North Wind, Will Try Tomorrow For The Fishing Part......