Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: For Missouri.com Readers tightwad story

Post Thanks / Like

Smile For Missouri.com Readers tightwad story

Okay so I am suffering from cabin fever, but had a funny story to tell, worth $440. First Crappie Tournament held on Truman Lake was 1981 out of Truman State Park, told my Nephew I would pay the entry fee which was $25 and we would try it, we had moved to catching our crappie up the osage which a lot of people hadn't done yet. Get down there that Saturday morning in April, and I have never seen so many boats about 270 what a line to wait in. Get unloaded and check in and this lady ask if I want to get in the big fish pot for $2, I said no I don't think so I never catch these 2lbs everyone talks about. So we go up the osage and catch our 30 (back then) spawning crappie on the bank, come back to the weigh in and were standing in the long line at weigh in then it is our turn, we weighed in 33 lbs for 30 crappie and then they weighed my biggest which was a 1 lb 10 oz. He said not only are you in first place you also have big crappie, well now how do you feel tight ass. It ended up being big crappie with a 1lb 7 oz. being the closest thing to it..... They called me $2 monty for several years after that..... did win first and at that time it paid about $800 but damn could of had $1200......... just an old fishing story.......got to get out and get on the water......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya.

I always enter the big crappie portion of tournaments. It would be my luck also to not enter and get a pig that day.

On a simlar note: I had a golf tournament four years ago where I chose not to enter the skins portion based on the caliber of players I was with. Ended up birdying three holes that no one else birdied. Since then entered two more times and haven't won a skin since.

No worries now though. Didn't even pick up a golf club last year.

Thanx for the story.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Good story.......congrats on an awesome day of fishin.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks For The Story,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    I hear ya.

I always enter the big crappie portion of tournaments. It would be my luck also to not enter and get a pig that day.

On a simlar note: I had a golf tournament four years ago where I chose not to enter the skins portion based on the caliber of players I was with. Ended up birdying three holes that no one else birdied. Since then entered two more times and haven't won a skin since.

No worries now though. Didn't even pick up a golf club last year.

Thanx for the story.

G.
    ALWAYS enter the skins, Kit, ALWAYS! You never know when them darn golf gods will bring their luck. It's a weird game, for sure.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Been there and done that also Kit, it was just my luck to have a great day and walk away with nothing. I always get in on the skins now and it has paid off.