Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's

My dad would have been 67 on June 19th which is also Father's Day. He's been gone for 10 years now and I think of him every time we hit the water. Some days, it feels like a lifetime that he's been gone and some days, it seems like he's only been gone a short while, especially when I see men who remind me of him. I see a lot of him in my new friend, Cane Pole -- they sort of share the same "altitude" as Dad would say. So, since my Dad isn't here to give my Father's Day greeting to, I'll just share it with all of you.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker
    My dad would have been 67 on June 19th which is also Father's Day. He's been gone for 10 years now and I think of him every time we hit the water. Some days, it feels like a lifetime that he's been gone and some days, it seems like he's only been gone a short while, especially when I see men who remind me of him. I see a lot of him in my new friend, Cane Pole -- they sort of share the same "altitude" as Dad would say. So, since my Dad isn't here to give my Father's Day greeting to, I'll just share it with all of you.
    Thanks for sharing your Father's Day greetings with all the dads on the site. I know how it seems that it was long ago at times, and it also seems that he is looking over my shoulder on certain occaisions....he also passed away 10 years ago. I don't mind as it feels like we are still close. I'd bet Tom would make a good pop, too. :D Thanks for your thoughts.