Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need info on dip net`s

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need info on dip net`s

Hello crappie men and women. I`m in need of a new dip net. Their is so many out their to pick from. Just wondering if you might give us some info what you use and why you like it. I`m looking for a smaller one that you can store it easy when not in use. I`ve seen that Cabela`s has one where it folds up nicely not sure on how good it works. Also like the rubber netting so easy to get those hook`s out of.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to reach nets and look at the rubber one. I know a couple members that use them and swear by them. I have one now, but have not got to use it yet. It telescopes to 8' and is rated for 5lbs. when fully extended.

https://www.adventureproducts.com/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the rubber Ego.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

those rubber nets are the only way to go
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a different opinion, but that's why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream. I don't happen to like the rubber nets because they are too heavy. I have a "regular" net with a 5' handle, and maybe a 20" (give or take) diameter. Getting hooks hung in them (which is the big selling point of rubber nets) is very rare and when it does happen it only takes a few seconds to dislodge it. Fish by myself a lot and can hold that net out there for quite awhile. Used friends rubber net and could not hold it out as long in the "ready" position. That's my two cents.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Gansett on this. I use a small nylon net, maybe 12 or 14 inches that I put on a telescoping handle made from a car washing brush. Very light and easy to handle and yet although it is small, I had no trouble landing a 7 pound bass a couple of week ago. As far as hooks getting caught in the mesh, I don't think that's much of a problem while crappie fishing with jigs or minnows. Sounds like that would be more a problem for those fishing crankbaits with multiple hooks.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Regular nets are fine if you jig or jig/minnow fish most of the time. The new rubber Ego net is very light compared to other rubber nets. I consider it a must have for pulling crankbaits.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yikess View Post
    Regular nets are fine if you jig or jig/minnow fish most of the time. The new rubber Ego net is very light compared to other rubber nets. I consider it a must have for pulling Crankbaits.
    I have been using the Ego reach net with the rubber mesh for couple of years now.. Best net I have ever owned. I have used it in many different applications, Not just for crappie.
    Last edited by Quicksilver1958; 01-19-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

I too love my rubber net. Got mine from BPS. It is heavier than a vinly but it also is a big net. I fish by myself too at times and holding it out while landing a fish has never been a big problem. Also I never waste time getting a hook out or even fish for that matter out of the net. This net handle colapses so it dont take up a lot of room in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

the ego reach net by adventure products is an awesome net. i have had mine for a few years and i really do enjoy it. very compact and light. it is also sturdy to net those big slabs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast