Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help with Champion model's??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can someone help with Champion model's??

I am looking at selling my Pro Craft F/S and getting a bass boat. I have found 2 Champions:

1998 190 Tournament
    1997 191 Elite

What is the difference between the Tournament and Elite? I have been searching the internet and can not seem to find much difference in the 2 boats other than the Tournament is 150lbs heavier.
    Last edited by Pole Bender; 01-18-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I Had A 1996 191 Elite. It Was A Great Boat. The Best Riding Boat I Have Ever Been In. I Was Told Years Ago That The Elite Had Every Extra That Champion Put On A Boat. Sort Of A Dolled Up Model. I Dont Think You Could Go Wrong With Either.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good choice in switching to Champion. I tournament bass fished out of a Procraft for a few years. Elite is an upgraded model. Not sure about the tournament model. Elite has different gauges, Hyd. steering, in dash locater. I know on my 187 elite they said the normal 187 had max of a 150 HP. and the Elite came with a 175 HP. I would say you can not go wrong with either. Just weigh out the options that each one comes with.

Post Thanks / Like

I can attest to the fact that Jared's elite is a really nice boat. Good ride, good fishability and really nice looking.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

The Elite Would Have Most All Of The Options Offered At The Build Time,,+some That The Buyer Could Pick,,the Tournament Grade Was The Same Boat In Quility But Most Of The Options Were Pre Set,,(color/trim Color's Seat Style And The Trailer Was Matched)also For The Year Models You Indicated If I Remember Correct They Will Have Glass Constructed Stringers And Not Wood Incased In Fiberglass Either Way They Should Both Be Rated For A 200 Hp Motor But The Coast Guard Tag Will Indicate This,,good Luck And Enjoy They Are Very Safe Boats To Fish From,,fuzzy
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You might also ask over on bassboatcentral.com on the champion board. http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=37
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by old fuzzy View Post
    The Elite Would Have Most All Of The Options Offered At The Build Time,,+some That The Buyer Could Pick,,the Tournament Grade Was The Same Boat In Quility But Most Of The Options Were Pre Set,,(color/trim Color's Seat Style And The Trailer Was Matched)also For The Year Models You Indicated If I Remember Correct They Will Have Glass Constructed Stringers And Not Wood Incased In Fiberglass Either Way They Should Both Be Rated For A 200 Hp Motor But The Coast Guard Tag Will Indicate This,,good Luck And Enjoy They Are Very Safe Boats To Fish From,,fuzzy
    Both have 200 Hp motors, the Elite has a Mariner EFI and Tournament has a Mercury 200 EFI. It does seem the Elite has more on it and is less in price.

I take it that Glass Constructed Stringers are Good or better than wood incased in fiberglass?

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled them both up on the nada book web-site and the Elite is worth quite a-bit more.And you say the Elite is cheaper! Sounds like it could be a good deal to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73 View Post
    You might also ask over on bassboatcentral.com on the champion board. Champion Boats: BBC Boards
    I found the Elite on that site, I was doing an internet search and it took me there.

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea on selling the pro craft/ pro crap or whatever. Really if I were you I wouldn't look at the champions either, you need to look into a SKEETER!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast