Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Electric Anchor Winch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Anchor Winch

I got a couple of these Deckhand 25 winches(real cheap :D) and I'm thinking about installing them. Not sure where or how to mount them. If any of you guys have them could you show me some pictures of how you have them mounted.

Thanks
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I have two deckhands mounted fore and aft on my 21' fishin' pontoon rig. If I had it to do over again, I probably would have just the front one mounted. Even then, I have found them to be REALLY loud when deploying the anchor. So, I don't use them except in the stiffest of winds when I want to stay in one location.

I don't use the back one at all because I can't store the anchor well and if I leave it hanging over the side it interferes with my trolling.

I'm pretty disappointed in the deckhands for day fishing. Maybe I'll use them for night fishing in the summer, but for now, well, I think I could have come up with something better...quieter.

Just my thoughts.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arkie John View Post
    I have two deckhands mounted fore and aft on my 21' fishin' pontoon rig. If I had it to do over again, I probably would have just the front one mounted. Even then, I have found them to be REALLY loud when deploying the anchor. So, I don't use them except in the stiffest of winds when I want to stay in one location.

I don't use the back one at all because I can't store the anchor well and if I leave it hanging over the side it interferes with my trolling.

I'm pretty disappointed in the deckhands for day fishing. Maybe I'll use them for night fishing in the summer, but for now, well, I think I could have come up with something better...quieter.

Just my thoughts.

aj
    Thanks for the feedback. I got these real cheap, I may just E-Bay them and make a little money :D. Both work good, one is nearly new. Pick them up at a yard sale.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I got these real cheap, I may just E-Bay them and make a little money :D. Both work good, one is nearly new. Pick them up at a yard sale.
    PM SENT
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I got a couple of these Deckhand 25 winches(real cheap :D) and I'm thinking about installing them. Not sure where or how to mount them. If any of you guys have them could you show me some pictures of how you have them mounted.

Thanks
    I think these work really well once you ditch the anchors they come with for some good ones and use the Deckhand in conjunction with the Anchor Mate II gizmo that seats the anchor then pulls it up onto the boat. The Anchor Mate part can be hung out further than the Deckmate itself so the anchor does not bang the boat on the way out. Had to do some fabricating to mount on rear deck and havent figured out the front yet but am determined to find a way-I like them that much. Unless you can find the seating gizmo somewhere you may have to go ahead and get the hand winch also as they sell as a set. Still trying to figure out something creative to do with the hand winches. No pictures-I aint that sophisticated yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Default electric anchors

i used to fish with a friend that had hidden electric anchors on his boat. they where great. i wish i could find some like them. if you havent sold the ones you have and would like to i might be interested. just pm me if you would like to sell them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishtofish View Post
    I think these work really well once you ditch the anchors they come with for some good ones and use the Deckhand in conjunction with the Anchor Mate II gizmo that seats the anchor then pulls it up onto the boat. The Anchor Mate part can be hung out further than the Deckmate itself so the anchor does not bang the boat on the way out. Had to do some fabricating to mount on rear deck and havent figured out the front yet but am determined to find a way-I like them that much. Unless you can find the seating gizmo somewhere you may have to go ahead and get the hand winch also as they sell as a set. Still trying to figure out something creative to do with the hand winches. No pictures-I aint that sophisticated yet.
    I was refering to the old style that pulls the plastic anchor into the deckmate body. I see there are newer improved models.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Minkota. I had to ditch the control it came with and replaced it with a Toggel switch. It tested my pee brain to wire it up. Also, if you are fishing shallow, cut about half of the roap off. Mine will not wind up level and it got all confused about going up or down after it got all tangeled up. Mine is loud too. But, after I got it all "customized" I like it.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."