PDA

View Full Version : New Rod Holders

Fisherman_Wantabe
01-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Well it is pretty windy here today. :mad: So I installed my new Tite-Lok rod holders. :D So far I think I'm going to like them. Can't wait to try them out.

So what do ya'll think???

wannabe fisherman
01-18-2009, 03:17 PM
I'll bet you do like it, that looks like a nice set up.

ShilohRed
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I have a pair of them, and sure like them a lot. Check on here, theres some upgrades you can do that makes them better.
Pete

lamplighter
02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Looks nice.

Crappie Buster
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Good looking setup! My dad just put the wally marshall rod holders on our boat and we are pleased with them so far. Prolly going to get a couple more sets for its all said and done. How much those 4 rod titelock systems run?

Fisherman_Wantabe
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Good looking setup! My dad just put the wally marshall rod holders on our boat and we are pleased with them so far. Prolly going to get a couple more sets for its all said and done. How much those 4 rod titelock systems run?

I have a set of the Wally Marshall rod holders, that's what I started out with. After a couple years they have gotten where they don't hold the up and position to good on the 12ft and longer poles.
I found these at BPS for $123 tax and shipping. I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere else. I had a gift card for BPS from X-mas so I got them there.
Put the Wally Marshall's on the back of the boat may troll some shorter poles off the back of the boat.

Yadkin Guide
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Any item made of plastic subjected to strain and sunlight as well as heat will disfigure after awhile. Wally Marshall rod holders are plastic so they will do that. Metal is the only way to go for rod holders. Tite-lok makes a good rod holder set up and they are very proud of them based on their price. Please take a look at other set ups such as Driftmaster before buying. They are much cheaper and I think better than the others. Please check us out and if you have questions just ask.

Maynard Edwards
Extreme Fishing Concepts (http://www.ExtremeFishingConcepts.com)

Fisherman_Wantabe
02-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Any item made of plastic subjected to strain and sunlight as well as heat will disfigure after awhile. Wally Marshall rod holders are plastic so they will do that. Metal is the only way to go for rod holders. Tite-lok makes a good rod holder set up and they are very proud of them based on their price. Please take a look at other set ups such as Driftmaster before buying. They are much cheaper and I think better than the others. Please check us out and if you have questions just ask.

Maynard Edwards
Extreme Fishing Concepts (http://www.ExtremeFishingConcepts.com)

I have to agree about the plastic. But as far as Driftmaster being better than Tite-Lok I strongly disagree. Had both in my hands before I bought the Tite-Lok. And by far the new Tite-Loks are the better make and stronger rod holders, IMO. Just my 2 cents.

monkscrappie
02-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Fisherman Wantabe,

What is that Black Box on your front deck?

Monk Welcome to MonksCrappie.com (http://monkscrappie.com)

Yadkin Guide
02-02-2009, 06:40 PM
I have used both and would strongly disagree with you but, hey, to each his own. Both are adjustable left and right and up and down and both work well. I just prefer the greater adaptability of the Driftmaster system such as the rod resters and the ability to change styles of rod holders. As a fishing guide, the Driftmaster is my choice for my purposes. By the way, what is that black box?

Maynard Edwards
Extreme Fishing Concepts

dedawg1149
02-02-2009, 06:53 PM
i would say driftmaster

thankfull
02-02-2009, 06:59 PM
That black box is a maximizer for use on trolling motors to extend the run time of your battery. they were really popular before they built them into the trolling motors.

Fisherman_Wantabe
02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
That black box is a maximizer for use on trolling motors to extend the run time of your battery. they were really popular before they built them into the trolling motors.

You got it right. Works great I have a battery that's about 7 years old on that trolling motor and I can go all day no problem.