Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does Your Fishing Partner(s) Affect Your Fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Question How Does Your Fishing Partner(s) Affect Your Fishing?

I Was Just Wondering How Many Of You Fish Alone, With The Same Partner Most Of The Time. With A Different Partner Most Of The Time Or With Multiple Partners. How Do You Feel It Affects Your Fishing Or Does It Affect Your Fishing At All?
    Myself It Seems That I Do Better Fishing Alone. I Have 3 Different Fishing Partners That I Fish With From Time To Time. But Normally Just 1 On Each Trip. 2 Of The Three It Seems Like I Do Pretty Good With. The Other It Seems Like I Struggle With. I Think It Is Just Slightly Different Fishing Styles. I Enjoy Fishing With All 3 It Just Seems That The Results Are Different With Each. I Was Just Wondering If It Was Just Me Or If It Affected Others Also?
    The Few Times That I Have Tried To Fish With 3 People At 1 Time It Seems Like We Just Dont Do As Well.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish with several people and what you said is close to what I have experienced. except for my regular fishing partner, he works 5 to 7 days a week in a milk plant and when we go seems like I try hard to put him on fish and I end up not doing so well. he tells me to dont worry about him just fish and have a good time, but darn I like to see him catch fish. seem like this happens to a lot of folks.

Post Thanks / Like

I focus more when I am by my self and do better, but I still like going with some one, I get to talk more. I do try hard to put them on fish and focus less on my Self. Accept When I fish with Knappy, Then I Don't share anything!
    I fish most of the time by my self or with my 9 year old son. We make a good team.
    I put most of my structure In by my self, some times at night. I use my gps to mark them then back up gps by writing the waypoints down when I get home.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish with 4 different partners and have had the same problems, seems like the more you try the harder it is to catch fish. I have noticed that when we both are just fishing for the love of it we do better, and the more that the partner concentrates on the type and style of fishing that we are doing the more successful we will be.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I use to fish together, I tight line in the brush tops and he stays hung up a lot and constantly losing tackle or causing me to move the boat a lot. Now I fish along as many others I pass or speak to at the ramps. At times 2-3 guys will be in the same location fishing and we talk from boat to boat---all of us knows the area,s and how to fish them, they are loners also.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fishing/hunting partners that i have been running with for 30 plus years. When i take them i feel presure to put them on fish. I feel obligated to invite the on ocasion. They are my treasured friends. My regular fishing partner can catch a fish in a septic tank. the only pressure there is staying out of his way and picking up his culls, and being on time for breakfast.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have had three fishing partners and caught fish with all of them, but some guys are more fun to fish with, a long time ago did add a third under pressure, now if there is a third involved i'll do something else. Have 3 grandsons coming up 2 should be fun to fish with.
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of friends I fish with when everyone's schedule allows. Usually it would be myself and 1 friend since 3 people in my boat with all kinds of tackle and stuff will take up room quick. Anyway, most of the time we do good, sometimes the fish don't want to be caught but it makes a big difference to have someone in the boat who is familiar with getting everything set up from unloading/loading the boat, getting set up to troll, getting the lights set up for the night, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished with several people through the years, but the two that I fished with the most is my son and brother in law. Of course nothing beats a day on the water fishing with your own child, and always fun to watching him catch fish. I usually fish with brother in law while fishing and pre-fishing tournaments. He was always a pleasure to fish with. But win or lose, it was always fun fishing together and I always learned something new from him.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish with whoever shows up. Mostly my wife. She good fishing company. She can't hear, but nutin' wrong with here mouth......:p

She tried to give me away to Richard Williams one time. He turned her down..:o
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast