Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Border Run

Post Thanks / Like

Default Border Run

Picked the only lake I can think of with no ice to hit today. Wolf Creek Power Plant. Will post results. Hoping for a couple nice ones, since you can only keep 2 of each species. Heard a lot of rumors of giant crappie, so should be able to confirm or deny later today.

Post Thanks / Like

limit of two, doesn't sound like my kind of lake I go for to catch fish to eat, not to score high on the size thing. just me good luck and hope you catch what you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

wolf creek what a great lake for catching lots of fish. or it use to be years ago. i never went to catch fish to keep always catch and release. but i could catch over a hundred walleye a day on some days, haven't been there in probably 7 or 8 years since moving away, but the memories are great. if your going just to catch and release hopefully you can find a school and have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished there too and yes it is a great lake for numbers and I just released everything so the limit was not an issue. I caught some big crappie and a huge small mouth. Hope you have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

enjoy wolf creek for what it is. basically a catch and release lake. the fish are hired guns. if your keeping, a couple of jumbo crappie along with a couple nice walleye make an excellent meal. funny i usually catch jumbo crappie while trolling the long points for wipers.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I survived is about all I can say. The wind was gusting in the low 20's and when I stopped back at the shack to turn in my pager, it sounded like they were going to buzz everyone in. My little Tracker with a 46lb thrust TM couldn't even hold me in place. No fish went in my boat, no fish caught either. So the rumors are still just that in my mind. Hopeing I can get a day with no wind to go out there and get on em.

Oh well, it was better then sitting at home thinking about it. I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

to bad but look at it this way, you were just two fish away from your limit of crappie

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny, Mike.

Props for trying, Dunc.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I try

Post Thanks / Like

At Least Ya Got Out And Gave It A Shot, Good Luck Next Trip
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast