Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: grenada lake

Post Thanks / Like

Question grenada lake

was wondering if anybody knew the best time to fish grenada lake in mississippi. im sure spring but what months are good? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chopper29 View Post
    was wondering if anybody knew the best time to fish grenada lake in mississippi. im sure spring but what months are good? thanks.
    mid march thru april.....
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

thank u. im from cleveland and wanted to come down for some catch and release crappie fishing. would i have a good chance in that lake of catching some nice fish? also is there a horsepower limit. im guessing its to big for an aluminium fishing boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Lake is 35,000 acres give or take and can get quite rough. Go to Mississippi on this site and inquire for more info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chopper.......

thank u. im from cleveland and wanted to come down for some catch and release crappie fishing. would i have a good chance in that lake of catching some nice fish? also is there a horsepower limit. im guessing its to big for an aluminium fishing boat?
    Yes, you stand a real good chance of catching some nice fish. No, there is no horsepower restriction for the lake. 14' aluminum jon boats are used by many on the lake, BUT, a person can be caught in dangerous situation quickly if the wind kicks up. There are ususally several ramps you can launch from in the spring that will allow you to not have to go far to catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the locals don't have Rangers. A lot have 14-16 foot john boats, but know where to put in or have the luxury of fishing whenever they want. We are limited to the few days we are there and will go anyway. For me, I wouldn't take my aluminum boat, unless the water was very low, I knew the fish were back in the flooded bushes or planned to stay up in the river. And you could luck out and get 4 days of calm weather,,,,,yeah right.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. its jus a long drive and didnt wanna have to drag a boat. thought i could throw deep v in the bed of truck and come out for a weekend. i love crappie fishing and it would be a dream come to to come out there and catch some real nice fish. is there any guides or anything out there? that could be another option. although would be far cheaper to do it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

was wondering what the weather was like in mid march. im goin to come out with a couple buddies and fish grenada and wondered the weather. also if anyone knows what a 3 day out of state license costs. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

was wondering what the weather was like in mid march. im goin to come out with a couple buddies and fish grenada and wondered the weather. also if anyone knows what a 3 day out of state license costs. thanks
    Here's a link on license........MDWFP Home
    Weather in March? Always expect a cold front to interrupt a turn-on situation. Wind will make for a challenge in success 90% of the time. March '07 was extremely warm, dry, and very little wind......pretty much the abnormal. But that's the exception, and not the rule. A start in the mornings could be in the cool 30's.......and could get up in the 70's, but highs in the low 60's is typical.....Again, expect a cold front to dampen your plans. Also, this lake can create some very large and dangerous swells with 20+mph winds. It's not uncommon.