i just got this from my freind that is with the ark. state team (bass) and it will apply on sum of are waters down south so i thought u guys might like to see this

BASS just learned that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will be hosting a public workshop regarding their new fishing around marinas policy in Harrison, Ark., on Thursday night, January 22. The meeting will be at the Quality Inn Conference Room, 1210 US Highway 62/65 North.

Recently, we posted an article that covered some of the history of this issue (Click here to read the story). Basically, we had an agreement in place, an agreement by the anglers, marina owners, state enforcement and fisheries agencies and the US Army Corps of Engineers, that allowed anglers to fish around marina facilities, provided they didn't fish within 50 feet of gas docks, marina stores or restaurants.

In one of the most irresponsible moves ever by the Corps, they changed this policy about 9 months ago without even bothering to tell us. Now we can't fish within 50 feet of any marina structure. Marinas are effectively off limits to law abiding anglers. This is the worst example in many years where the US Army Corps of Engineers completely disregarded public input and implemented a policy that benefits one special interest group — the marina owners — over the American public that owns the water.

The Corps is facilitating the privatization of public waters!

As an angler, if this doesn't make your blood boil, you may want to check your pulse. If it does, and you live within driving distance of this meeting, you have an opportunity to let you voice be heard. If enough anglers show up for the workshop, it very well could be the catalyst for a favorable outcome for anglers.

I hope to see you there.