Along The Mississippi River Levee In Southeast Missouri There Are A Series Of "Blue Holes" That Were Created When The River Flooded And Breached The Levee In 1927. The Corps Of Engineers Didn't Repair The Holes, They Just Built The Levee Around Them. Most Of Them Were 100 Ft. Deep And 200 To 300 Yards Wide And Made Some Fine Crappie Fishing Habitat. My Dad Was An Avid Crappie Hunter. Early One Morning He And My Brother Loaded Up His 10' Boat And Proceeded To One Of These Holes For A Morning Of Fishing. They Got In The Water A Little After Sun Up And Fished For A Couple Of Hours With Less Than Desirable Results. My Dad Told My Brother They Ought To Load The Boat And Move Up The Levee To The Next "bluehole" Because He Just Knew The Crappie Would Bite There. My Brother Agreed So They Drug The Boat Up The Steep Levee To The Truck, Loaded It, And Drove About A Mile Around The Levee And Put Back In. Twenty Minutes After Unloading The Boat, Dragging It Down The Levee And Getting Back To Fishing Dad Felt The Boat Shaking For No Reason. He Looked At My Brother, Who Was In The Front Of The Boat Trying To Contol His Laughter. They Had Driven Around The Levee And Unloaded The Boat In The Same "Blue Hole" Not 200 Yards From Where They Just Took Out.