Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need a used lower unit

Post Thanks / Like

Default need a used lower unit

looking for a used good condition evinrude 175 hp. v-6 lower unit 1988- 1990

20 inch shaft.

sticko [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You might try this place, they are located in Chesapeake, Va..........

Budget Boats the Poor Man''s Boat Yard

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I would watch ebay...if your careful, you can find good used parts there...or even rebuilt ones for decent money...well below new cost. Just a thought.

What is wrong with it?? Seize?? Leaking?? Busted gears?? Clutch dogs?
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Default sticko

Thanks

Scrapper and Pat.

The gears on mine just wore off where they wont catch any more.

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

meaning that it won't go into reverse or foward??...like it pops out of gear or something?? If thats the case check your cable adjustment...I'm sure you already have...just trying to cover bases...

Sounds like clutch dogs...if it will not stay or go into gear.

If you think you are going to get another one...tear into and see what you find!! Thats the best way to learn. Some special tools are required but you can make other things work. I'm betting clutch dogs though. If everything else checks out replace them, reseal, vacuum & psi check, fill with oil and go. Reason I say this is alot of times when you get another used part you get someone elses problems...sometimes on the brink of breaking and a little use from you and it breaks. Not trying to say not do it...as I have bought a couple used lower units...but if its the clutch dogs and not the main gears you might can get out okay...and have new seals to boot.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sticko View Post
    looking for a used good condition evinrude 175 hp. v-6 lower unit 1988- 1990

20 inch shaft.

sticko [email protected]
    Don't know where you are. But, find a boat dealer , or let me know, but Southern Marine has re-man units for sale. Or check with Tom Booth at Booth Marine in North Little Rock, AR.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer