Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig Substitute!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Substitute!

Once again another tip of the week !

Every bodys always looking for that perfect bait when the water temp drops and the respose a crappie has to your offering. Just plain slow. But you know there down there, Trick is to get them to bite!

Heres what i do that helps and works.

First off i use alot of hand-tied morsels when it comes to pursueing the crappie durring this time of the year. I plase alittle scent on the Chaniele body itself to get the results im after if i need a ridged type bait then iuse the same jig plseing the smelly jelly on the tail were the unjulating takes plase, this keeps the tail ridged not alowing the tail to feather or drape .What you have is like a SP crappie stinger with out going to a plastic

Just another tip for Crappie fishing cooler water temps!

Team BNB Crappie jigs
    Caddo Lake Dream Team
    Premium Hand-Tied Crappie jigs

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink That ought to work

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Dale View Post
    Once again another tip of the week !
    Every bodys always looking for that perfect bait when the water temp drops and the respose a crappie has to your offering. Just plain slow. But you know there down there, Trick is to get them to bite!
    Heres what i do that helps and works.
    First off i use alot of hand-tied morsels when it comes to pursueing the crappie durring this time of the year. I plase alittle scent on the Chaniele body itself to get the results im after if i need a ridged type bait then iuse the same jig plseing the smelly jelly on the tail were the unjulating takes plase, this keeps the tail ridged not alowing the tail to feather or drape .What you have is like a SP crappie stinger with out going to a plastic
    Just another tip for Crappie fishing cooler water temps!
    Team BNB Crappie jigs
    Caddo Lake Dream Team
    Premium Hand-Tied Crappie jigs
    .... since it's similar to what the FnF Smallmouth anglers do :p ... only they use a product called "Fish Dope". They apply it to the jig hair, and shape the hair, flattening it, to resemble the shape of a Shad's body. And, since the FnF method of Bass fishing, is nothing more than a spin on the float & jig Crappie fishing method ... then, there you are :D

... cp